• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Baka and Test delayed again

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eri94

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Couple months back there was a news article saying it got pushed back to July 12th. Come to find out just now by checking my order status, It has been pushed back again to August 2nd. This is pretty weak.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:39 pm Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Eri94

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:45 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:

Well I never read that thread <.<
John Casey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Eri94 wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:

Might work best to but some effort in making sure you aren't being a parrot act before hitting the submit button.
Eri94

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:12 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
Eri94 wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:

Might work best to but some effort in making sure you aren't being a parrot act before hitting the submit button.
There was no topic. just some post made in a multiple page thread. I'm sure I'm not the only one who didn't catch it.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:31 pm Reply with quote
If there's a delay, WTK or I will post it in the appropriate thread, you can be assured that. The relevant solicitation threads tend to stay on the front page either due to a lack movement in the forum or because someone is bumping it, so not much searching is required (you may have to go to the second page occasionally). I wish I could have them stickied or something so they're always on top, but it may not be worth it.

If you're an avid buyer then the solicitation threads would be very helpful to you, and you should probably consider keeping up with them. In fact, the entire Retail Section is useful for new solicitations, sales, delays, and good info in general, but I don't know why it's so baron.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:12 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
If you're an avid buyer then the solicitation threads would be very helpful to you, and you should probably consider keeping up with them. In fact, the entire Retail Section is useful for new solicitations, sales, delays, and good info in general, but I don't know why it's so baron.

Oh, that's the monocle's fault. Laughing

All joking aside, I think the reason the retail thread is often so empty is the simple mentality of 'I only care about what I want.' Most folks don't feel the need to follow the full release schedule- they just want to know when that 1 show they really want is coming out. You even see it with those of us who buy enough to keep tabs on the soliciation threads... there's always a handful of posts on the first page or two asking where title X is. You just kind of have to accept that most people won't look up release data in the hopes of finding a product they want- they find a product, and only then start looking for the release data.
Eri94

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Well, this was surprising. Baka shipped out yesterday from TRSI Very Happy
FaytLein

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Truth be told, I don't pay those solicitation threads any mind, since I get my release info from other places, and doubly owning to the uncertain nature releases are now, most of those threads turn into constant revisions while Bandai tries to come up with something, or people complain about Funi taking forever to release stuff. But hey, whatever makes people happy Smile

(And besides, WTK and KoH take an awful lot of time to make those threads and keep them up to date, so I'm not trying to take anything from them.)
luffypirate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:13 am Reply with quote
People are already receiving their sets. I saw a breakdown of the limited edition on Facebook.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1