• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan Post Announces Evangelion Stamp Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kouji

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:53 pm Reply with quote
So, how many of these stamps do you think Shinji will be on?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Anthony P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:46 pm Reply with quote
megumi's guy wrote:
These are the fifth in the series. The 1st was Pokemon The others were Galaxy Express 999, Astro Boy, and Mobile Suit Gundam. Next I want see Ah! MY Goddess, Cardcaptor Sakura, Escaflowne, Chobits, and Magic Knight Rayearth. I'd guess Bible Black is out. Wink

I'm surprised that there haven't been any Miyazaki stamps yet. Unless there have been and I didn't know about them, which is probably more likely.

Ctimene's Lover wrote:
Anthony, it's nice to know it [is not] just me that's a member from the beautiful Valley of the Sun.

I actually just moved here last summer (yeah, it seems like hardly anyone here is native, either) and I love it so far. I'm really loving the lack of snow and freezing rain.
Smile
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Actually I would like to see Bible Black, Moonlight Lady, Mezzo Forte and Tale of Little Monica stamps. The animation style would be pretty cool on a stamp.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Kouji wrote:
So, how many of these stamps do you think Shinji will be on?

Just one. You can see all of the stamps here: http://www.post.japanpost.jp/kitte_hagaki/stamp/tokusyu/2006/h190223_t.html

The only characters who are on multiple stamps are Rei and Asuka, who each have their own stamp and then are on one together.

Quote:
I actually just moved here last summer (yeah, it seems like hardly anyone here is native, either) and I love it so far. I'm really loving the lack of snow and freezing rain.

Man, are you trying to make me jealous? Anime hyper I love living in Colorado, but I'm getting so sick and tired of the snow. I just got my driver's license, but I've barely been able to drive because my Mom doesn't want me driving on ice yet since I'm so new to it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
beNippon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:25 am Reply with quote
BeNippon can help to get the Evangelion sheet of stamps! Cool
http://benippon.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=1349
mrgazpacho

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:21 am Reply with quote
MorwenLaicoriel wrote:

You can see all of the stamps here: http://www.post.japanpost.jp/kitte_hagaki/stamp/tokusyu/2006/h190223_t.html

The only characters who are on multiple stamps are Rei and Asuka, who each have their own stamp and then are on one together.

How the heck does Sachiel get its own stamp?! Razz Just 'cos Tabris is on one stamp, they had to stick an Angel on the other half...

Boy, Gendo must be pissed off (again) - and don't even get me started on Ritsuko... Laughing
NGE1113

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Might be an interesting thing to try and collect, although I haven't really gotten into purchasing miscellaneous anime merchandise since 2004. Despite the fanboy in me wanting these, there's a good chance that the airmail expenses will stamp some common sense into my head.

Sorry for the pun.
Nerv1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Damn, Japanese people get all of the coolest Evangelion junk, I wish they would sell the Eva stamps here in the US... Do they and can they mail the stamps internationally?
beNippon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Thoses stamps are commons stamps, so we can use them to ship anything, even internationally, from Japan. But I'm afraid they are already soldout! Japaneses likes stamps very much, and exporters, like beNippon, does sell this very easilly. Next time, if you want your sheet, you should buy them in Japan _before_ they are released...
Ranmah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:31 pm Reply with quote
These are very tempting to buy. I live near a Japan Post. I might go and buy a few.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
d.yaro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:59 am Reply with quote
MorwenLaicoriel wrote:

In my opinion the real collector's item would be the sheet on a cover, i.e.: envelope with or without a cardboard insert, with the Shinji or Unit 01 postmark.

This all reminds me of other anime series/characters I've seen on Japanese postage stamps: I purchased in Tokyo some mini sheets with Tezuka characters on them. They were part of a series called "Science and Technology and Animation"(sic). I have #1 - "Tetsuwan Atom" and #3 - "Fushigi na Merumo". The designs feature the characters from the anime and Japanese technological achievements and scientists. I'm also quite sure I purchased "Hello Kitty" postage stamps which I later gave to my sister. This was two years ago.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2