• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Animazement Announces 2007 Convention Details

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:22 pm Reply with quote
No kidding. I never expect a con that's not even on the top ten list can invite two of my favorite seiyuu (Kikuko Inoue and Satsuki Yukino) simultaneously.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Did not expect to see some of the guests that were there for a convention of this size, not exactly one of the bigger conventions... Commas would help in that list, they're all clumped together making it somewhat hard to read.
Doc

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:33 pm Reply with quote
We're celebrating our tenth year so we wanted some very top name people for the attendees. Even those who are returning are doing so because they are fan favorites from the past and some have personally asked to return. We're a small convention but in terms of reputation we've done very will with both the convention goers and guests.
BigLL

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Quite a surprise to see a con that size with that many Japanese guests and one of my fav. seiyuu. Even some of the larger cons don't have that many JP guests.
mmmdraco

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:28 am Reply with quote
I *love* Animazement. It's my home con (well, it's the only one in the state I live in) and it's always impressed me. From the little things (like closed-circuit TV running anime 24/7 at the con) to the big things (having more Japanese guests than American almost always... even having *surprise* Japanese guests!) and all the stuff in between (great game room, decent dealer's room, good art room policies and artist alley) and they even give hotel staff Animazement T-shirts. It's a relatively cheap con, too. And they almost never have glitches in the video rooms which is awesome. However, they try to be family-oriented, so there's a tendency to have a yaoi panel only spring up at the last minute for by the pool, and there's nothing hardcore that shows in the video rooms. And, last year it was difficult to find doujinshi in the dealer's room. There was no yaoi, and only some het and yuri. But if you like to go to cons to watch stuff and meet Japanese guests, Animazement is the best small con out there (and growing every year).
B-chan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Yay, I'm happy. Our anime club, "The Otaku Brigade", is going as a Naruto Group. Original, eh? It's basically the only thing we all agreed on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
forever_young

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Good on them for getting some Japanese guests!
It's nice to have both worlds represented!

Hope I can make it...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1