• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Moé Anthropomorphism

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:31 am Reply with quote
Cloe wrote:
I have to say, this thread is so awesome right now. Smile

For some reason, I thought you'd be disgusted with what they've done to your artwork...

Quote:
PantsGoblin wrote:
God dammit, why do I have to have work right smack in the middle of all the action that went on in this thread and others? Would have wanted to see that thread but it's gone now...

I saved the HTML file. I just need to find a way to give it you. Wink

I would appretiate that, thank you.

Also, seems there's another thread there now... will probably be deleted though... I find it funny that they're quoting some of the things from other threads here. Such as the "My girlfriend hates anime what should I dos?" thread...
Asako

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:39 am Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
Also, seems there's another thread there now... will probably be deleted though... I find it funny that they're quoting some of the things from other threads here. Such as the "My girlfriend hates anime what should I dos?" thread...
Embarassed

I didn't know it was an evil poster >.< wahh and I posted in that thread... I'm sorry.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:43 am Reply with quote
Asako wrote:
oops:

I didn't know it was an evil poster >.< wahh and I posted in that thread... I'm sorry.

No, they're just doing it to make fun of the opener. It's what 4chan always does... In all honesty, I actually think it was pretty funny what they quoted. It does sound funny out of context, and I guess in context too...
Cloe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:47 am Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
Cloe wrote:
I have to say, this thread is so awesome right now. Smile

For some reason, I thought you'd be disgusted with what they've done to your artwork...

No way, dude. I've been laughing nonstop for the past hour.

[edit] Ah, man. Now the second 4chan thread is gone, too. I didn't get a chance to save all the pictures...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Jadress

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:29 am Reply with quote
Oh man, I don't check for a few days and all moe hell breaks loose! Anime hyper And Cloe officially WINS- I love it!! I meant mine to be sort of satirical too, cause I really don't like loli stuff, but Cloe gets straight to the point. Plus it's super cute. I'm sad I missed angry wierd 4chan responses, though the one that Za-Warudo posted is amazing. I heart ANN; I'm way too amused.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Damnit, I missed the 4chan posts, I wanted to see them!

The "Why not whore ourselves" one above is kinda funny, but a bit too scary for my tastes.

Cloe, can you send me the file ? editor A animenewsnetwork....

-t
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Basic fact. Cuteness sells. Very Happy Twisted Evil
omar235

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Damn I missed the 4chan posts to I knew I shouldn't have gone to bed so early.. Sad
Can you send me the 4chan posts to Cloe?
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:42 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
The "Why not whore ourselves" one above is kinda funny, but a bit too scary for my tastes.

Hmm, I'm sure most people here are wondering what that's all about. It's a 4chan meme. And in nature, 4chan doesn't tell people unfamiliar with memes what they're all about... ruins the jokes. Thankfully, someone has made a list of most of them:

http://www.lurkmore.com/wiki/index.php?title=4chan (Warning - A few of the images here contain explicit material that some people might find offensive)

In specific, that meme comes from...

Quote:
From /a/, a caption from the lolikon doujinshi Papa Nankai Daikirai featuring a little girl, nicknamed "Grinbitch" saying "oh ho, why not whore ourselves?" with a bemused, condescending smile on her face. Evolved into other characters with similar facial expressions and captions with some form of "oh ho, why not _____ ourselves". Ironically, this phrase is actually a mistranslation of the original Japanese text.

Just to clear it up.

Quote:
Cloe, can you send me the file ? editor A animenewsnetwork....

Everybody seems to be asking for this now... I have the link that Cloe gave to me of a mirror of the thread... I don't think she'd mind me posting it. Should be open to everybody any, since it was posted openly on the internet... But Cloe gets credit for this...

http://www.saraspot.net/4chan/4chan.html
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:59 pm Reply with quote
AHH!!! What'd I miss?!? Send me whatever happened too!!1
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
omar235

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Sorry for posting that I was just wondering but I guess it was sort of a stupid question to ask. Embarassed Anyways you can find the 4chan thread link in PantsGoblins post Iwatch2muchanime Wink
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Ahh....okay then *sigh in relief* thought I wouldn't get to see it. Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Hmm I didn't know ANN was anti-loli

I wouldn't say ANN as a whole is anti-loli at all. But from what I've experienced, it has much more anti-lolis than any other anime site I've been to. We kind of bring it upon ourselves though. When you have a multiple 10-30 page threads with people arguing about the subject, going on for days, with people yelling out "YOU ARE A SICK!!!" every other chance they get, it really shouldn't come as a surprise to you to have people from here be called "anti-loli".
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Ya, a massive amount of ANN poster are anti-loli, normally that's not a problem, but when most of them just yell at each other and others, then it's just pointless to have any topic about loli, and normally moe, because it usually turns into a loli hating thread.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:02 pm Reply with quote
ANN, as a site, is not pro or anti-loli, the members of the forum here make up their own minds and have their own opinions about what is and is not acceptable, the site doesn't decide that for you. That said, there are a number of anti-loli forum members but there's also a lot of pro-loli members and from what I've seen on those threads there's just as much yelling and arguing from the pro-loli as there is from anyone else.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8