• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Favorite Directors Part 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smoochy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:23 pm Reply with quote
I'm saying... Oshii.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:33 pm Reply with quote
I'm still staying Kon, I've picked him the last three polls and had they removed him I would of probably gone with Shinichiro Watanabe. But so far it looks like Kon is got a quick lead and probably won't lose it.
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:02 pm Reply with quote
I'm still going with Junichi Sato. There's a lot of VERY deserving directors on that list (Kon, Mizushima, Anno, etc), but Sato's still my personal favorite.

Poor Mizushima doesn't deserve to be at the bottom of the list, though. Anime cry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Hideaki Anno is my choice now....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
smoochy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:00 pm Reply with quote
[quote="MorwenLaicoriel"]I'm still going with Junichi Sato. There's a lot of VERY deserving directors on that list (Kon, Mizushima, Anno, etc), but Sato's still my personal favorite.

Poor Mizushima doesn't deserve to be at the bottom of the list, though. Anime cry[/quote]

No, he doesn't deserve to be on the list at all. I hate that one trick pony...
Mylene

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:44 pm Reply with quote
MorwenLaicoriel wrote:
I'm still going with Junichi Sato. There's a lot of VERY deserving directors on that list (Kon, Mizushima, Anno, etc), but Sato's still my personal favorite.

Poor Mizushima doesn't deserve to be at the bottom of the list, though. Anime cry

I was still a bit torn between Sato and Ikuhara, but decided to stick with Ikuhara since he worked on both Revolutionary Girl Utena and Sailor Moon, two of my personal favorites.

That being said, Kon's work is amazing, but I don't have the warm fuzzies about what I've seen that I have with Ikuhara's (and Sato's) works. Warm fuzzies are always the tie-breaker in this sort of thing.
akitainu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:44 am Reply with quote
Well, my candidate, Akitaro Daichi , is still alive. I don't think,at all, that he'll win... but it's good to see a fair showing in this stage.
I respect and enjoy the works of the others, but Daichi still stands, to me, as the king.
Twage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:53 am Reply with quote
smoochy wrote:
No, he doesn't deserve to be on the list at all. I hate that one trick pony...

EXACTLY. You have one film under your belt and you deserve to be on this kind of list? No.

I voted for Kon, but if Mizushima is on this list I have one question:

WHERE is Shoji Kawamori? That guy deserves every bit of recognition he doesn't ever get. Macross? Escaflowne? Arjuna? That brilliant Kenji Miyazawa movie no one ever watches for some reason? Daichis? Anybody?

EDIT: OK, I saw the last poll and I see Kawamori's not on here because 41 people voted Mizushima and like 20 did Kawamori. I am less offended now. Razz
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:27 am Reply with quote
Still voting Yoshiyuki Tomino.

The man has directed several high quality works over a long period of time. He deserves more than the paltry number of votes he's recieved so far.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1