• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Website: Batman's Goyer Hired to Write Godzilla Remake

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:42 am Reply with quote
Hell yeah, I'm up for it. Since Clover Field I wanted to see a new "monster destroying cities" movie. I can't wait for this one, especially with the advancement in Special Affect and all. I think this is as good a time as any to give this sucker a re boot and rake in the cash.
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:25 am Reply with quote
I remember when Godzilla movies and not anime were considered the big Japanese import, at least for kids. (They typically aired during afternoons before cartoons replaced them.) If they're going to remake Godzilla they need to focus on what made the originals work.
Ulinox

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:42 am Reply with quote
Not having seen any of the originals, if it's even half as good as the 1998 American remake, I'll be all over it. Wink
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:58 am Reply with quote
Awesome, this Godzilla remake would work for me. Thanks, Legendary Picture and Goyer for this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Hmm. Very interesting news. Sadly, Goyer's writing can only be pulled out as a success with a strong director/cast as we saw with a few movies crediting him as screenwriter.

But damn it! I'm going to remain positive! Even that piece of shit Sony movie wasn't that bad as a comedy.

It's about time we get the man back into the rubber suit. However, my only apprehension is the suit will now be CGI (and the guy wears movement track balls).

Well, maybe the trademarked "roar" will make it back.

I suppose time will tell.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1