• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Vampire Knight Much?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackness

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:43 pm Reply with quote
I've just read the 1st graphic novel of Vampire Knight and I am quite interested. In the past 2 days I have read it on spare time 4 times. I can't wait to get the 2nd novel. What are you're comments on the series?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Teh Rules wrote:
3) Discussions should carry some measure of intelligence to them. Consider if what you are writing is relevant or important to others. If it does not contribute to the discussion, do not post it. Please post detailed answers to questions, lists and one-liners do not contribute.

What are your comments as well Smile? Did you like the art, the story? Does it run a parallel to any other titles you've read, or do vampires just add extra charm to the supernatural theme for you in particular?
blackness

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:50 pm Reply with quote
It is my second vampire graphic novel and I think it is awesome. More people should read it if they are into vampires. Fangs are fun. So is blood. My favorite character at the moment is Aido. He's too much, and he cracks me up. Cool
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:05 am Reply with quote
I've been reading it in Shojo Beat and its pretty nice. The story is good, though not great at this point, and the art is really nice. The end of the most recent chapter was really hot.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:56 am Reply with quote
I've also been following the series in Shoujo Beat and am fairly happy with it (I enjoy it much more than I did it's pre-decessor, Godchild). It's an interesting story, albeit rather predictable and nothing too overly original (beyond the school itself, that is fairly unique I believe).

I personally like Zero best so far and, and Yuuki is pretty cool too.
blackness

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Besides Aido, I like Kaname. He's so nice to YUki and then when it comes to anyone else(vampire wise) he has to boss them around and be mean and all like RAWR!!!!!!!! Mad
echoblues

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Vampire Knights so far is the ONLY Vampire manga that I have ever read. I LOVE it. You have to admit, ANY vampire genre manga/ anime/ novel do have this certain allure that just grabs you and entices you to read em! I mean, who don't have a thing for beautiful creatures of the night, charming and some what mysterious elegance that could draw you to your own demise? *More like a dark heaven really* Wink And add it with great school uniforms and amazing story-line? Very Happy I like Zero and second up comes Ichijo! LOL Ichijo doesnt look like your average vampire ne? I like his pluckiness *so to say* Wink and as for Zero *sigh* he's just so gorgeous! *faints* But really, what got me hooked to VK is its story-line! *The amazing art-work didna hurt at all, its a plus to the manga* From the start of the story, we were already being plled into the mysterious world of Cross Academy with Yuki as its center! I like to think that Yuki is being 'embrace' by Kaname's shadow and Zero is like a 'pillar' for her in case she ever needs a helping hand *which is like 24/7* Maturi Hino is gr8 in making you guessing what will happen next in the story. We're keep in the dark about most of the stuff that is vital in the story and as the story progresses, the mangaka reveal em bit by bit. *Kinda like us eating fro er fingers and couldnt help for more!* Smile

Im only currently reading till Vol 3! Crying or Very sad Still have to wait patiently for the rest of em... Wink
x_echoedmemory

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:11 pm Reply with quote
I've read 15 chapters of Vampire Knight and I love it. I want ZeroxYuuki to happen already! xD
Eruanna

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Iv got the first book. Very Happy I loved it.
Its probably my second favourite vampire manga.
There is only one problem with it, and its forgivable since MOST vampire animes/mangas do this...... I reeaally get tired of the whole "Oh, we are so misunderstood! Vampires are not evil! They just haved to drink blood, and yeah some of us are evil but we are good! But nobody likes us because they just assume we are evil boohoohoo!"
It comes to the point where I pick up a vampire themed book/manga/animeDVD and think "Man, PLEASE let these vampires actually be EVIL >_>"
But hey, Vampire Knight was good. I love all types of vampires, its just the evil ones are my favourite, but Ill read the good but misunderstood strain. The artwork is pretty. The bloodsucking scenes where hot.
I loved it when spoiler[Kaname claimed Yuki as his own.]
Im in favour of the Kaname/Yuki pairing, but Zero/Yuki is a close second.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:07 pm Reply with quote
I have to say that I'm liking this one as well. I got it because I read the manga-ka's other series MeruPuri and enjoyed the heck out of it.

I'm enjoying this one so far. I only have the first volume so, in a way, it's too soon to judge but I am liking the dynamics of the story with the relationships between Zero, Yuki and Kaname. Poor Zero. spoiler[To become what he hates the most!]
Not a Jellyfish

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:24 pm Reply with quote
I quite like this series. It's my second favorite running in Shojo Beat (second only to Nana). I adored Meru Puri, so when I saw that some of Matsuri Hino's other works were coming here, I was very excited. It is a bit cliched like your typical shoujo, but I love the Vampire aspect and the unique school. I also really like some of the characters. Mostly just Zero and Kaname. I think Yuuki is a little cliche, but she seems to be developing into much more. And I also am totally stuck between which pairing I prefer. Anime cry Heh. And the best part about the series is easily the artwork. Hino-sensei is an absolutely incredible artist.
Brand

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:58 pm Reply with quote
At first I thought this series was going to be dumb, the concept just sounds so silly. I was also upset that Godchild was going to be taken out for this as it was one of my favorites. But when I sat down and read Vampire Knight I was like this, is really good. Somehow the art and the characters come together to suspend your disbelief about the basic concept.

While I can't say I like it better then Godchild I think it works better in the magazine because it works in the serial format much better then Godchild did. Reading Godchild in chucks, and reading the Cain Saga before hand makes it much more clear.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Momoko_Yumi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Here in Germany "Vampire Knight" is also now published. I have now read the first Vol and I find it very interessting. I was really astonished when spoiler[ Zero bites Yuki ]

I think this series have a great potential. I wonder now what happens next.
ANBUx3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:55 am Reply with quote
It's a pretty good series, considering how I dislike vampire stuff in general. I still have trouble distinguishing some characters from others. Some of the Night Class look too much alike. >.<
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:50 pm Reply with quote
I definitely agree that there is a fair use of elements which are cliche now, but I think that it's handled well enough that you can overlook that. I don't find anything to be jaw-dropping amazing, but it definitely has some awesome moments and is entertaining which in the end is the main purpose of manga.

The art is also really pretty Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4