• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Capcom Drops Mega Man Legends 3/Rockman Dash 3 Project

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gasero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:29 pm Reply with quote
I would have preferred a new generation console remake of the first 2 Megaman Legends games anyways.

I can't say I liked how MML3 was turning out.
sailorneorune

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Apparently Capcom felt the same way, but only about the second part.

Capcom franchise fail trifecta complete.

/leaving satisfied, off to cry into my 17 cups of coffee
yamiangie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:45 pm Reply with quote
surpised this didn't happen the second the franchies creator left the company.
Primus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:49 pm Reply with quote
I was surprised initially, but then I remembered what happened to Megaman Universe earlier this year, and it became expected.
Sudo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Don't worry, they'll still continue to shit out Street Figher IV DLC and rehashes.
Haterater

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Surprised they did after all that voting and such from the fans for character designs and other art. I would have thought that was a sign that things were going somewhat well since they announced a prototype to gather interest. After them saying they won't bring the next Edgeworth game, I'm worried about future games not being made/localize from them.
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Smart move Capcom, no point in developing this game when Keiji Inafune's gone from your company.

Don't get me wrong, i'm a big fan of the Legends series and it would've been fun to see a sequel (especially after the cliffhanger ending Legends 2 got) but there would've been a good chance that they would ruin it like they did with the X series after X5 so it was probably for the best that it got cancelled.
Ryker61

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:54 pm Reply with quote
It still makes me angry that they did this. After all the effort that was made. If they weren't happy about it, then they shouldn't have cancelled it, just re-worked it. If Inafune hadn't left, this would never have happened. I'm angry at Capcom, and I'm angry at Mr. Inafune.
Forte-sama

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:44 am Reply with quote
At this point, I've just given up on Capcom. Marvel VS. Capcom 3 was my personal last hope that the company could do something right, and they blew it. The only thing that's comforting is that, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday, both the prototype and what was created of the full game will be found.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:52 am Reply with quote
Oh man, I was going to forgive the 3DS for all it's transgressions and buy a 3DS for this game. But, well, whoops, nevermind I guess?

At least I have Inazuma Eleven.

Oh wait, no I don't.

Fu-
TronBonne

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:40 am Reply with quote
Capcom disgusts me now. If they never intended to follow through on Legends 3, they should not have led us on for so long.

They said they would release the prototype and sales would determine if we would get Legends 3 greenlit. They lied. They canned everything before giving us fans a chance to prove we wanted it.

Screw Capcom! I feel sorry for fans and the poor developers who were really trying to get the game greenlit. What a terrible day...
Kicksville

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:08 am Reply with quote
sssssssssssssssiiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhh
NJ_ wrote:
Don't get me wrong, i'm a big fan of the Legends series and it would've been fun to see a sequel (especially after the cliffhanger ending Legends 2 got) but there would've been a good chance that they would ruin it like they did with the X series after X5 so it was probably for the best that it got cancelled.

I think my biggest annoyance with what happened to the X series is how they decided to can it right when they were getting back on track - X8 is really fun and very X-y.

Well anyway, what does this leave? They're not even doing Starforce or EXE anymore, right?

Sheesh. :<
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:24 am Reply with quote
Kicksville wrote:
Well anyway, what does this leave? They're not even doing Starforce or EXE anymore, right?

Nope, those two are done. EXE even got a proper ending like Zero, can't say about Starforce since I haven't played 3 yet.

I guess this just leaves us with Classic, X (hey, it's not officially dead, right?) and ZX, but no new entries have been announced at the moment AFAIK.

Haterater wrote:
After them saying they won't bring the next Edgeworth game, I'm worried about future games not being made/localize from them.

They actually said that? Oh, you motherf-----

Last edited by Generic #757858 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
caaraa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:31 am Reply with quote
Apparently Capcom felt the same way, but only about the second part.
BorgmanJayce

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:31 am Reply with quote
Why am I not surprised that the wankers at Capcom Japan would pull something like this!

First they screwed us over with the Miles Edgeworth sequel, then they won't tell us if the more recent Monster Hunter sequels will come out in English then there was the fiasco concerning save games in Resident Evil for the 3DS and now this!

Screw you, Capcom! You used to be one of my all time favorite publishers, but now you've lost your way, your soul, the thing that made you 'Cool' and all in the name of trying to cater too much to the Western market with your crappy updated versions of the likes of Devil May Cry and Bionic Commando.

Why can't the likes of Sega, Capcom, NamDai, D3 and SquareEnix get it in their heads that we're all sick and bloody tired of these remakes being developed by Western developers and that when we are willing to buy games like Mega Man Legends 3 (which I definitely would have bought!), they won't bring them out or cancel development because they're too scared to take a risk!

It's truly a sad, sad day for the videogame industry when publishers and most developers aren't willing to take risks any more and are only interested in a quick buck... Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2