• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Chinese Show's Similarities With Hikarian Anime Identified

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lightning Leo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:56 am Reply with quote
Wow, now that's blatant. Shocked
mrsatan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
I'll give China credit here, at least this one's an official production approved by the rights holders.

We know TV Tokyo's involved, but did Takara-Tomy and Armik give their consent to this? Because Pat Lee's "designs" are practically identical to theirs.
Weiss_Yohji

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:53 pm Reply with quote
When will the Chinese stop ripping off other properties?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:34 am Reply with quote
If you guys had read the cooperation announcement, you'd know the TV series would be aired in April 2012, followed by the movie in autumn (probably October, right after TV series' conclusion). It looks like the series was suddenly put on air in an unfinished form, probably under government pressure to catch up the inauguration of Beijing–Shanghai High-Speed Railway -- itself hurried to catch the 90th anniversary of Chinese Communist Party. The original "Train Hero" project was probably still on the design board when high ranking officials ordered the cartoon to be rushed almost a year from its original schedule. With deadline approaching, the Chinese team might have no choice but found an existing title to "remake," probably even with acknowledgement from Japanese license holders (remember TV Tokyo broadcast the series), but the latter would be unlikely to admit it publicly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2