• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gaia Online Streams 2 Full Episodes of Kiddy Grade

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mastertr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Ugh...I hate Gaia...but for Kiddy Grade, I guess I will have to ressurect my old login info...one of my favorite series ever <3
Splitter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Of everything FUNi has.... Kiddy Grade? Don't get me wrong. It's a good series but... seriously? Kiddy Grade?
kokuryu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Mmm, have to get the box set... I loved that series! I got the preview of the first ep from the second Kiddy Grade series on order - cant wait til I get it!
Terrestrial_Cel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:04 pm Reply with quote
lol thanks for the credit >,<
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:57 pm Reply with quote
FUNimation have shown sample episodes of a number of their properties on Gaia, although this is probably their oldest property thus far (others have included Solty Rei and Mushishi).
Their collaboration with Gaia was explained at cons this year (look at the reports and videos on this site) as regards Tsubasa - they looked to see where the fans were going online, and found a lot of them (in particular female fans IIRC) on Gaia and this the Tsubasa campaign with limited edition items for your Gaia avatar was launched.

PS: there is a Kiddy Grade guild on Gaia.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Splitter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:

PS: there is a Kiddy Grade guild on Gaia.

There's a guild in Gaia for every f*cking thing under the geek culture sun.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Yah, but I thought I would mention it since it is in context.
While it is not the reason I registered an account (I can't remember why I initially registered to be honest, although at the time there was something wrong with the site or my profile so I abandoned it and forgot about it till I tried to register again and it told me I already had an account), it is one of the reason I've been visiting there recently (I was getting hits on my site logs from there but I couldn't view the source pages without being logged in), the other reason being the Tsubasa goodies (which are not longer available to users in the UK for some stupid reason)

[edit]Just in case Lance or someone happens by and can do something about it.. the "get the DVD" link that shows beside the screen in the cinema is broken (it is missing the colon after the http). The same links on the profile pages (http://www.gaiaonline.com/p/gaiakiddygrade1 and http://www.gaiaonline.com/p/gaiakiddygrade2) work OK however, but the "Visit the Kiddy Grade Episode x Forum" links just dump you into the main anime forum.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ichiro3923

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:27 pm Reply with quote
My cousin introduced to me Gaia online but I don't really know what the purpose of the site is. Is it supposed to be an online RPG like Ragnarok?
Also I saw his created character watch the movie. Based on what I saw, you're watching your character watch a movie. I've only seen a glimpse of the site, so I'm not really sure if it is the same site I'm talking about.
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:28 am Reply with quote
Deleted.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Levitz9

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:54 am Reply with quote
Okay, someone mentioned it to be disappointing that I would prefer fansubs to watch it legally and for free on Gaia....well, okay, but I'm not always on the Internet; sometimes, I have difficulty logging in; I'm more of a 'sub' guy than a 'dub' guy.

Also, it's just two episodes. Just two!!

Again: I'm shocked that this is news NOW, as opposed to when Burst Angel came out. I mean, I haven't seen either Kiddy Grade or Burst Angel ( Embarassed ), but doesn't Burst Angel have more fanservice and gun violence?

Just asking--I don't really know...
Terrestrial_Cel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Levitz, just buy the DVDs. Please support the industry Smile

Yeah they've been showing different anime for a while on Gaia. They only show two epsisodes of each so you buy the product.

Heck Kiddy Grade's gone now, and they just put up Hell Girl. I wonder what they'll put up next.
Zrana

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:16 am Reply with quote
Yep, Hellgirl is up now.

Another Funi series that was shown in the past but I haven't seen mentioned here is Shizuka.

I think Funi's marketing department and Gaia should go run off and get married. They're obviously in love.

It IS a good way to let people preview their stuff in a legal manner. The only other way I know of to sample the dubs of series not on tv is some way is to be at a con and purposefully go to industry panals.

Another anime thing shown on Gaia: trailer to the Naruto movie.

So Gaia is trying to only advirtise stuff to it's users that most Gaians might be interested in. And those confused on what Gaia is: it started as a forum. Mostly an anime/role-play forum with customizable avatars. Things expanded from there. All the extras are primarily there to contribute to dressing up the avatar.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1