• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyo Anime Fair 2007 Information

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlaqNumbr9

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:15 am Reply with quote
One day I'm going to have to go to one of these. Of course, I say the same thing every year. Maybe next year.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:43 am Reply with quote
BlaqNumbr9 wrote:
One day I'm going to have to go to one of these. Of course, I say the same thing every year. Maybe next year.

I know the feeling.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:27 am Reply with quote
If people are serious about going, Jalpak offers a tour package.

I don't know it the tour is any good, and it does seem kind of expensive to me, but I have used Jalpak to book airline tickets and buy JR Passes and they seem like a reliable travel agency. It might be worth looking into.
10円

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:22 am Reply with quote
ManOfRust wrote:
If people are serious about going, Jalpak offers a tour package.

I don't know it the tour is any good, and it does seem kind of expensive to me, but I have used Jalpak to book airline tickets and buy JR Passes and they seem like a reliable travel agency. It might be worth looking into.

I've booked with Jalpak as well, but just like you only for tickets. The last time I used them Jalpak (JL/JO) was still running a rather rudimentary booking system compared what we're used to here in the US, with paperwork and phone calls completing the sale instead of a couple clicks of your mouse. I believe the JR passes are locked-in at specific rates so any reputable seller should be able to get you the redemption coupon for roughly the same cost. You can probably do better using other websites when it comes to lodging but who cares; it's Japan we're talking about. If you're on a tight budget you should probably go somewhere else.
voluptas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:06 am Reply with quote
Ah, the advantage of living near Tokyo. I have to see if I can get the day off to go there. I'm an english instructor and the weekend is the busiest time for me so I hope I can do it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1