• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: The Law of Ueki DVD 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:30 pm Reply with quote
I was beginning to feel a bit unsure at the progression of the series as this disc progressed, but episode 15 really hooked me on for more. I'm a sucker for even the most generic shonen cliches, theme songs in battle scenes and well timed battle twists included, so all I ask for is a good execution, and Ueki at least has that. I guess my only problem with it is Ueki's character as a whole. I fully agree that he's more of a stereotype than a fleshed out character, which makes Ueki pale in the face of the Monkey D. Luffys, but I don't mind. Ueki at least goes with where the story needs to go, and he's far from unlikable.

Even though the reviews are rightfully mediocre, Ueki is still a highly entertaining shonen action series that any shonen fan should give a shot. Whether it's capable of making the jump from entertaining shonen title to outstanding shonen title remains to be seen, but there are still a lot of episodes left.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1