• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Not being redirected to fast/skuld server.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:44 am Reply with quote
I've been using the same bookmark for far longer than the skuld server has been up, but it's always redirected me properly so I've never bothered to change it. I just noticed that it's stopped redirecting me even though I have it checked off in my subscription options. Kinda annoying, guess it's time for a new bookmark.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:50 am Reply with quote
If the redirect fails then it should fall back to the "slow" server. I don't know exactly how this works, but I think if you manually access fast.animenewsnetwork.com it will mark it as working for you again and the redirect will then work.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Right, but for some reason it wasn't doing that. See, I've been using an old bookmark for the www. and it's always redirected me to fast., but this time it was going directly to the www. without the redirect. it let me onto fast. if I typed it in manually, but next time I used my bookmark it still went right back to the www. address.

Anyway it seems to be working now, it redirected me properly.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:06 am Reply with quote
Bah, still occasionally getting left with the www. rather than fast. Guess I'll change my bookmark after all.

Emerje
kyokun703

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Changing it usually doesn't help me. I've been a member for several years, change my bookmark periodically (as I get new computers, or my harddrive crashes), and sometimes I still get misdirected to other servers than skuld. Like now. I just manually type it in until it straightens itself out.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:55 am Reply with quote
We're doing some maintenance on Skuld and fast is currently directing to Peorth.

You should still be able to access (and be redirected to) fast.animenewsnetwork.com though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1