• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
G'Day Mate!!~ The Introduction thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amy Lee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:27 am Reply with quote
Hi there~ My name is Amy (fake name of course).
Been roaming around Chinese sites/forums collecting information and stuff for 3-4 years. Recently I noticed growth in anime market in Australia and want to know more about Anime communities in Australia. Live far away from major cities so I've been a closet fan. Feel it will be nice to connect with people who actually live in the same country as me lol

My manga/anime interest is pretty diverse and has changed over time. If I have to position myself I'll say I'm a Seiyuu-fan (male). I spend time listening to their on-line radios, drama cd, animes. Depends on the difficulty, I can understand 60-95% of the raw stuff.

Titles that started me off: Pokemon + Card Captor Sakura + Dragonball (back when they were on Cheeze TV); Hunter X Hunter [sigh]; Saiyuki series (Anime rubbish but the cast and manga awesome).

Big fan of Natsume's Book of Friends, Sengoku Basara, Bakuman, Gintama, Kimini Todoke.

One of the rare species who don't watch One Piece, Bleach, Naruto. (Although I want to start, once addicted, I'll turn into a Madao! ><lll)

I have to say, it's kind of deserted here... where do people hang? Really want seiyuus to come to Australia 'cos I don't have money (not to mention the language skills) to go to Japan by myself.
vornicus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:00 am Reply with quote
hi, i'm new here also and live in AUSTRALIA!
I love watching anime and am an especially big fan of Hayao Miyazake's Anime films.
I'd love to get to know u guys.
Bowzer27

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:03 am Reply with quote
Hi im Matthew, am 27 years old and live near Adelaide. Got the nickname Bowzer due to my obsessive Mario Kart playing days.

I've been a huge Anime fan for about 10 years now and have over 420 dvds in my collection.
Some of my favorite series are- Full Metal Panic, Death Note, Code Geass, School Rumble, Clannad and Elfen Lied.
I also enjoy collecting all kinds of anime related merchandise. I have a small Bowser Tattoo on my left shoulder and a large Misa Amane tattoo on my right arm.

None of my friends get into anime at all (FAIL to them) so I look forward to chillin and chattin here!!
jobbinfrank

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Hey, My name is Frank but people call me Jobbin (from the wrestling term meaning a wrestler whose primary function is losing to better-known wrestlers.) I'm 32 y/o believe it or not, hell I don't. My top animes are FLCL, Mezzo, Get Backers, Black Lagoon, and GANTZ and that's if I have to narrow it down. Animes that aren't my cup of tea are Mobile Suit Gundam, Robotech (don't crucify me), Pokemon and all its clones, and all romance and sports animes.
I was a store detective for 7 years till I was let go now I'm trying to complete 6 credits of English literature to get my associates (if you hadn't notice my grammar sucks so it my take some work).
I'm raping up Full Metal Panic? and slowly going through Ghost Hound.
Lemonflavourtofu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:01 am Reply with quote
well... i joined a long time ago, but i forgot to do this, so i guess ill do it now...

Name: Not telling. Because i prefer to be called Lemonflavourtofu, LFT or Lemon.
What I do for living: I don't have a job. I go to school.
Animes i'm watching currently-
K-ON!!
Naruto
Dragon Ball Z
TMoHS

What I finished watching:
School Rumble
(and more i forgot...TAnime cryT)

Mangas i have-
Naruto, Pita-ten, Chibi Vampire, School Rumble, Deathnote, Demon Diary, Genkaku Picasso, (and more i forgot....)

I like-
tofu,llamas,darkness,anime,manga, milk tea,calpis..etc.
I hate
Glompy peeps, seafood,soup,medicine, etc.

Umm... The first time i watched anime was when i was 3-5. The first time i read manga was 7-8. The first time i bought manga was 9. I started drawing manga when i was 8. I got serious about it when i was 9-10.
thegoanna

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Well it has been quiet in this thread for a bit.. so I'm here to just keep it moving! Wink

I'm David AKA Thegoanna - That came from my site-fights web competition days. Web site is www.thegoanna.net

I have been an ANN member for many years now, mainly to read up on anime reviews and check them out before viewing or buying.. Smile
My-Anne has most of what I've seen so no use taking to much about that.. have a look yourself!

I'm am in outback South Australia - Roxby Downs, about 550K north of Adelaide. and just a little bit more north of Woomera.

Accessing anime is my issue, thank good for the internet and streaming! I watch U Tube, Anime Central and others sites.

I buy lots of Anime from the US via Amazon and Right Stuff, and others from Ebay of course. I am also a member of Shin Tokyo in Adelaide, and visit JB HiFi Regular when we visit Adelaide.

I have region free DVD and BluRay players. So no issues with overseas stuff.

I currently have 150 -160 Anime titles, and seen may more.
The latest purchases being Tsubasa Season 2 on BluRay and Sora No Woto, from Right stuff and Season 2 of K-On, and Saki the Player from Malaya. Also Summer Wars, and BluRay Chobits and Nausicca. All excellent!

I use Bigpond movies and Quickflix to rent DVDs via mail, and get NEO mag (English) and Otoku USA (obvious) Mags.

I am also starting a "Figma" collection, I have so far the Main Lucky Star Girls and now starting on the K-On girls and have Mugi so far.

So there that's me.. Enjoy your anime!! Cheers
BoredGeek

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:10 am Reply with quote
Hello all, my name is Tory, but I'm going by BoredGeek at the moment as its a pretty apt description of myself.

I'm 23 and I've been into anime casually since the days when Teknoman ran on Cheese TV. I got into anime a little more seriously when stuff like Gunsmith Cats, Evangelion, and Ghibli films started airing on SBS. I've been getting into manga as well in the last three or four years.

Some of my favorite anime series include Genshiken, Cowboy Bebop, and Toradora. As faras movies go I am a big Ghibli fan, I love Millenium Actress, and of course Akira has to be on any list. My top manga picks include Honey and Clover, xxxHolic, and Solanin.

I watch a lot of newer series, but I'm trying to go back and watch some of the classics as well. At the moment I'm enjoying Uresei Yatsura and Kamisama no Memochou.

Besides anime/manga my other interests include film, music (mostly classic rock and a fair bit of metal), and reading. I've recently decided to try my hand at blogging as well. I've been writing reviews of this seasons new crop of anime but I plan on writing about other stuff as well not just anime. If you are remotely interested you can find my blog here.

Anyway enough about me, hopefully I'll get better acquainted with you all in the forums
The_Seth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:07 am Reply with quote
G'day guy's and girl's, as you can see my name is Seth. Im currently in the NT living the isolated dream, gives me plenty of time for beer and anime so i can't really say it's a bad thing. I work on planes for a living, i'm building my own race car (for time attack incase someone was wondering), I occasionally write storys and draw for online competitions and I have pet fish.

I've watched enough animes (over 100, yeesh 4 years and going strong or what?) to know what I like and definately don't but as you can imagine listing them would be a nightmare so lets just say I have a soft spot for genuinely enjoyable highschool animes like K-ON!!, Kaichou wa Maid-sama, Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai.
But at the same time I will be on the edge of my seat watching shows like Elfin Lied, Deadman Wonderland, Black Lagoon and especially Gurren Lagann.

Cheese TV for the win.
That is all.
Draconarius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:49 pm Reply with quote
I suppose I should get around to posting here sooner or later. Heaven knows I've been lurking long enough. Embarassed

I'm Draconarius--Draco or Drac for short. I'm 23, live in Brisbane and I've been a casual anime fan since watching Zoids and Gundam Wing on Cartoon Network back in high school (good times, good times).

The newest additions to my collection are Lucky Star and Summer Wars, both of which I greatly enjoyed. Next objective is to finally get my hands on a copy of Zeta Gundam.

Besides anime, my interests include the usual movies, books, games and TV. Looking forward to posting with you all.

Draco.
omiya

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:44 am Reply with quote
Hi, I just came here for the news, normally I use the madboards.

Mainly interested in the music of anime.

Managed to see "Memories of Fantasia" after SMASH in Sydney and Animelo Summer Live 2011 - Rainbow in Japan.
Freeza77

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Hoi!!!!!

I'm Fareez Sanif who also runs under the alias of Freeza. Currently 16 years of age, about to start Year 11 and living in the town of Geelong south of Melbourne. I was born in Singapore and moved over here in 2003.

I enjoy sports, mainly football (or soccer for you other people), video gaming, writing, music, food (who doesn't) and of course anime and manga.

I am a football referee for FFV, who also writes gaming news for a website in my spare time.

Was a huge Pokemon fan back in the day but I lost interest over time and I got back into anime and reading manga with Soul Eater about sometime mid last year. Been watching anime and reading manga since then.

My favourites include Soul Eater, Baka to Test, Clannad, Clannad: After Story, Haruhi Suzumiya and Angel Beats.

I hope to be around here for a while. :D
kyekai

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:49 am Reply with quote
Hi there I've been a fan of anime and the like for quite some time, but really wanted to find some fellow aussies to chat to about anime .

My names Kye I live in the Perth area of WA I'm a guy of course as you can tell from my name I'm currently 19 I'm studying remedial massage and am really passionate about music (foreign or not) oh. And I can't figure out how to edit my profile Razz anyhow I ask you to take good care of me.

Oh before I forget I like most. kinds of anime but I have an odd soft spot for romantic bishojos lol.
sonictail
ANN.au Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:49 am Reply with quote
Welcome Smile
faawks

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:32 am Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new here but since anime is more and more becoming my entire life, I want to try and make some like-minded friends Smile

So here it is, I took this from page 1:

Name: Brett
Sex: Male
Religion: Agnostic.
Likes: Anime, Computer games, Cars... you know, typical 'guy' things
Favourite music: No specific type or genre, I like what I like
Favourite film: I really couldn't name just one, but I love action, comedy and all those other types.
Favourite anime: Right now? Sword art online, followed closely by One piece!
Favourite band: Again, a current time thing, I love 'Of Monsters and Men'
Favourite game: Currently Far Cry 3
Favourite sport (to play): pft, play sport? I do run when I get a chance.

So yeah, anything else just ask? Smile
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:49 am Reply with quote
Hi welcome to the forums faawks.

Sword Art is indeed the most popular, it has become a bit of a phenomenon, including with the forum discussion. Can definitly sympathise with the anime taking up a large portion of your life.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6