• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hunter x Hunter TV Anime Series Confirmed for This Fall

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TruthTaco

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:58 am Reply with quote
Togashi deserves tons of respect for not compromising on his vision and releasing HxH without FILLER!

Also, while hard work is great, it shouldn't be the sole decider on whether or not a series gets an anime. How good the anime is, and how popular the anime is should be the top two considerations. Furthermore the main purpose of an anime is not to "reward" the creator. What bizzaro world do you live in?
Sariachan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:10 am Reply with quote
HxH is one of the best shounen ever, so let's enjoy the new animated series since it's a great news.

There aren't many mangaka that could say to have created two really long popular and long manga like Togashi did... not everyone one is called Osamu Tezuka or Shotaru Ishinomori. Wink

Also, working for weekly series is really hard, and he is older than other mangaka that are published on Shounen Jump, isn't he? He also had health problems, so please be a little more considerate toward him.

Anyway, for me, with this and the announcement of a new Kenshin and a new Berserk series, the following anime seasons will be great... I can't wait! Smile

Now, i hope they will do a new Fruits Bask anime too, to cover all the manga, and maybe a TV series of Please Save my Hearth (the OAV only covers so little of the manga that it's a shame Sad ).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:04 pm Reply with quote
I had a thought: Would Leol's iPod-like device be changed into an iPhone-like device for this adaptation?
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:18 pm Reply with quote
xScar wrote:
TheAncientOne wrote:
kpk wrote:
THIS fall?

So soon?

And what would it be, anyway? A sequel? Reboot?

Given that the original anime finished airing over 10 years ago, a sequel seems unlikely. Even the OVA will be over 6 years old by the time this begins airing.

There is absolutely no need for a reboot. It will definitely be a new TV series -- they have enough material. The original TV series covered the first 11 volumes. Since the end of GI, there has been 11 more volumes of material.

Need or not, I called it:
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-08-01/2011-hunter-x-hunter-anime-to-retell-story-from-start
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5