• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Nendoroid Petit Madoka Magica Figures Revealed in Color

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Someone who wrote this article got confused.

Nendoroids =/= Nendoroid petites.
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Mami comes with Charlotte... Laughing
pluvia33

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I really hope these are not Nendorid Petit. 3500 yen is extremely expensive for one Petit compared to the Bakemonogatari Petits I own that were only 2100 yen for sets of three.

But yeah, if they are regular full size Nendoroid figures, they are very tempting....

Now if they were Nendoroid Petits in 2100 yen three packs like the Bakemonogatari ones, they'd be definite buys.
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:06 pm Reply with quote
pluvia33 wrote:
Yeah, I really hope these are not Nendorid Petit. 3500 yen is extremely expensive for one Petit compared to the Bakemonogatari Petits I own that were only 2100 yen for sets of three.

But yeah, if they are regular full size Nendoroid figures, they are very tempting....

Now if they were Nendoroid Petits in 2100 yen three packs like the Bakemonogatari ones, they'd be definite buys.

the ones in the pictures below are the full size nendoroids.

the one in the group picture at the top are the petites. the price for them hasn't been revealed yet.

like Zic had said in the post above me, the person writing the article got confused or wasn't clear

nendoroid petites usually don't come with interchangeable faces and accessories like their full size counterparts
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Cute now that will be some thing to get
pluvia33

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:46 pm Reply with quote
kawaiibunny3 wrote:
pluvia33 wrote:

the one in the group picture at the top are the petites. the price for them hasn't been revealed yet.

Cool, so the best of both worlds. Anime smile

I'll probably pass on the full-size Nendoroids and just keep an eye out for the Petits. They'd look very nice in front of my Modoka anime set whenever Aniplex USA decides to release it here.
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

The article has been corrected to reflect the difference between the Nendroids in the bottom pictures and the Nendroid Petit figures in the top picture, and their respective descriptions. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:04 pm Reply with quote
I'll definitely get the Mami one eventually. Homura is nice, but I already pre-ordered the Figma (my first figure pre-order, yay!) and if I want a second figure of her I'll wait for an impressive PVC. Madoka is nice (especially with Kyubey), but I'll hold off on her for now. I like the other two characters, but not that big on their design so they're passes for now.
Kohii

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:51 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
I'll definitely get the Mami one eventually. Homura is nice, but I already pre-ordered the Figma (my first figure pre-order, yay!) and if I want a second figure of her I'll wait for an impressive PVC. Madoka is nice (especially with Kyubey), but I'll hold off on her for now. I like the other two characters, but not that big on their design so they're passes for now.

Eventually is the key word there. Preorders slots for Mami's sold out in like two days. Everywhere.

The Madoka with school uniform is solid, but still kinda pricey (~$70). I could live without it. Heck, I could live without all of them, but I'd really like to collect all five.
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:43 am Reply with quote
for everyone interested in the Petite Madoka nendoroids, Mikatan (who works for GSC) updated her blog with more pictures and info about them

http://gscmikatan.wordpress.com/2011/07/21/nendoroid-petite-puella-magi-madoka-magica/

the uniform versions will be included as well as a "secret" figure, totaling in 11 petite figurines in all.
each one will be about 500yen. but the whole set will probably be about....6000yen?

apparently they'll all be up for preorder tomorrow (which is usually around Friday at noon, Japan time)! I imagine they'll go out fast so be sure to keep an eye out at your favorite figurine store :3
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:53 am Reply with quote
Kohii wrote:
doctordoom85 wrote:

Eventually is the key word there. Preorders slots for Mami's sold out in like two days. Everywhere.

Well, I admit I don't fully understand how the figure industry works, but that won't stop it from showing up at conventions' dealer rooms eventually or things like that, right?
marshmallowpie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:00 am Reply with quote
The Petite ones look kind of strange, something feels off to me. :\
I preordered the full size Madoka (though I kind of regret it), wanted to preorder Mami, but yep, too slow.
Veers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:17 am Reply with quote
The Mami one is fantastic. I've never been a Nendoroid fan but I'd almost make an exception in this case. I like the RPG Homura, too.

doctordoom85 wrote:
Well, I admit I don't fully understand how the figure industry works, but that won't stop it from showing up at conventions' dealer rooms eventually or things like that, right?
Depends on how many dealers/distributors put in orders and how soon another production run is made. Popular figures that sell out can get extra production runs, so there's still a chance for that to happen, as this is obviously selling well.

That said, I missed out on this summer's con season, so I have no idea how much Madoka merchandise has made it to American con dealer halls--I'm curious, if anyone knows. I kinda figured there wouldn't be much so soon after airing and before a US release, but you never know what kinds of odds and ends the dealers pick up.
utawoutau

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:30 am Reply with quote
I read an article like this and it really pisses me off, because I have absolutely no idea how someone would purchase these. And of course there is no information in the article.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:58 am Reply with quote
And the preorders are up.

Done and done. If I can't get all the Nendos (only managed to get Madoka) then I can at least get these.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2