• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Oreimo's Kirino Pitches Mazda Car in Newspaper Ad

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:04 pm Reply with quote
I like how they're selling it with someone who's not even old enough to drive. Laughing
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:49 pm Reply with quote
But she's not even old enough to drive yet!
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:26 am Reply with quote
Should have her dressed as a car show girl... or maybe washing it. Cool
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:58 am Reply with quote
Freakmasta wrote:
But she's not even old enough to drive yet!

She's not old enough to get eroge neither, but she didn't let that stop her. Laughing
Banken

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:47 am Reply with quote
This is funny, especially considering that they live in Chiba in the story... about an 45-minute train ride from Akihabara.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:02 am Reply with quote
I take it Demio is Japanese for "unlikeable brat" then?

Actually it seems "de mio" is a Spanish phrase meaning "mine". How appropriate that someone as selfish as Kirino would be pitching it.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:24 am Reply with quote
Meh. Now if Kuroneko was the one selling it, I'd be willing to listen!
Napsack

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Isn't the show at the heart of it one about wanting to have sex with your sister? Seems an odd choice for a car company.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Napsack wrote:
Isn't the show at the heart of it one about wanting to have sex with your sister? Seems an odd choice for a car company.

Nope, it's a comedy/drama which satires and parodies otaku culture. No incest, it's mostly just jokes between a few characters who take Kirino's imouto fetish for wanting to shag her brother and constantly troll her with it (one draws a doujinshi of her hooking up with her brother and shows it to everyone)
Banken

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:16 pm Reply with quote
The main theme of the show is the relationship between a brother and sister. IMO.

But the awkwardness that knowing your little sister is addicted to playing erotic incest games does make it pretty...interesting.
reanimator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:28 pm Reply with quote
I can see the car dealers trying to use a cartoon character to sell their car. It's obvious fan pandering. With Itasha fad(?), I can imagine some Otaku trying to decorate their brand new car with cartoon images.
Napsack

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:04 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Napsack wrote:

Nope, it's a comedy/drama which satires and parodies otaku culture. No incest, it's mostly just jokes between a few characters who take Kirino's imouto fetish for wanting to shag her brother and constantly troll her with it (one draws a doujinshi of her hooking up with her brother and shows it to everyone)
Nah I'm not buying it. I've actually seen the show and can definitely call the "incest" ripe in the air with every scene. Slap on all the "comedy/drama" you want, I still ain't taking the bait.
lelliel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Napsack wrote:
TitanXL wrote:
Napsack wrote:

Nah I'm not buying it. I've actually seen the show and can definitely call the "incest" ripe in the air with every scene. Slap on all the "comedy/drama" you want, I still ain't taking the bait.

Incest or not, this is still weird given the premise of the show.
Danette-Anime-Otaku

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Only in Japan Smile If the show at least has an adudience of people in their 20's, then I can see this working. Remember in Japan anime is not just kids stuff.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:54 am Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Meh. Now if Kuroneko was the one selling it, I'd be willing to listen!

Kuroneko is the poor girl who cooks homely meals for her multiple siblings because her parents are never around and has to sew her own cosplay costumes and make toy dolls for her little sisters because they can't afford real toys. Kirino is the rich daddy's girl who gets everything she wants just by asking for it, and actually has a well paying job and buys $300+ figurines on a whim just because she's bored.

Kirino makes more sense out of the two to be honest Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1