• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Yugo the Negotiator DVD 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:11 pm Reply with quote
On the separation of Pakistan and Russian arcs: They're practically two different series. The OPs and EDs change somewhat in music and totally in animation, bumps are different, and the second arc is mutually exclusive to the first.

However, in both series, this Yugo guy pwns like no main character has ever pwned before. I highly recommend this series because of its well-done dramatic qualities.
biliano

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Interesting review. I was thinking about checking this series out sometime in the future, and now I'm convinced to give it at least a rental look.

BTW, nice Big O reference, Theron. Cool
Captain Crotchspike

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:01 pm Reply with quote
What also helps is how cheap it is: The first volume with the art box is just $12.99 at Best Buy.

I hope everyone checks this out, it's really great. I know it may scare some people away because it's not the sort of thing you usually see anime for (or it might scare others who would be interested away because it's anime), but this is one of this year's titles worth taking a look at.
Sir_Brass

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Captain Crotchspike wrote:
What also helps is how cheap it is: The first volume with the art box is just $12.99 at Best Buy.

The review sold me, but this REALLY sells me. I mean, I LIKE these kinds of stories. I'm also a Clancy fan, and not because of the Rainbow Six games (became a fan of those BECAUSE of Clancy), and this kind of action without combat appeals to me (I get my military fantasy action in FMP! and FMP! TSR) when it is well done.

For those who enjoy this series, may I also make a book recommendation: See no Evil by Robert Baer that looks into his time as a human resource spook for the CIA's Directorate of Operations, as much of what he did was very tense and wrought with danger, but without combat, and much of it takes place in the Middle East and Russia/USSR.
biliano

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Captain Crotchspike wrote:

I can confirm that this is true: Yesterday in Mentor, I saw the Yugo box at Best Buy for $12.99 and the individual DVD (without the box) for $9.99. I wonder if it's the case at every BB across North America. Confused
Echo_City

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:44 am Reply with quote
I saw the previews on some old ADV dvds, I saw this favorable review, so I saw the whole show. Then I realized that it has been over half a decade and ANN still hasn't reviewed the entire series yet? This review has been left open-ended for eons now, any chance of closure?
Key

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:44 am Reply with quote
If the series ever gets rereleased then a review of the rest of it is a possibility, but this was never a popular series so that seems unlikely. Otherwise it's simply much too old a title, as we generally don't review anything whose most recent release is significantly more than three months old.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1