• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto Shippuuden (TV).

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sizzlin_chiken

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:18 pm Reply with quote

Naruto Shippuuden (TV)

Genres: action, drama
Themes: evil organization, fighting, ninja, revenge

Plot Summary: Naruto Shippuuden is the continuation of the original animated TV series Naruto.The story revolves around an older and slightly more matured Uzumaki Naruto and his quest to save his friend Uchiha Sasuke from the grips of the snake-like Shinobi, Orochimaru. After 2 and a half years Naruto finally returns to his village of Konoha, and sets about putting his ambitions to work, though it will not be easy, as He has amassed a few (more dangerous) enemies, in the likes of the shinobi organization; Akatsuki.
----------------------------------

Yes, it's finally here, i haven't seen a thread for it so i decided to put one up. The second season is starting soon so give me your opinions about it and all you naruto haters who say that the fillers are really gettin to ya then well the fillers are gone for a while(I hope).

It looks good to me. Even though i've only seen a preview of the first episode, of course he has a new look now and plus 2 years have gone by!!! Some people will look different for sure and what's happened since Naruto's been gone??? We'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited by sizzlin_chiken on Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
laughingman12

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Manga readers will love this. Surprised
CGord

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:05 am Reply with quote
laughingman12 wrote:

Definitely. I quit watching the show maybe a dozen eps into the filler, but have continued reading the manga. Can't wait to see it animated.
Melo.One

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:25 am Reply with quote
CGord wrote:
laughingman12 wrote:

Definitely. I quit watching the show maybe a dozen eps into the filler, but have continued reading the manga. Can't wait to see it animated.

i stopped watchin the fillers shortly after they started too and all I've been thinkin about is what pt2 would look like animated...i know its gonna be crazy
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:33 am Reply with quote
Well, actually it would be the second series as Naruto has already had numerous seasons (somewhere between 4 and 16 depending on how you divide up the 'seasons' be it story arcs, 26 episodes or 13 episodes, which would be a season of anime in Japan).
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:50 am Reply with quote
What episode did the Naruto Fillers start at? I stopped watching a while ago but started again recently.
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:24 am Reply with quote
I judge the season from new Opening songs (which is the 24-26 episode range for Naruto). So Naruto has had 9 so far.

I don't know the episode filler started on...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
mooseguy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:29 am Reply with quote
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop wrote:
What episode did the Naruto Fillers start at? I stopped watching a while ago but started again recently.

About episode 136 spoiler[ After Naruto and Sasuke Fight. Very Happy ]

I can not wait to see a more mature Naruto. I wonder what new secret technique he will have? I know their a manga Naruto but think I will wait just for the Anime.

Does anyone know how old Naruto is in the series?
C r i m s o n

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:37 am Reply with quote
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop wrote:

I believe the Naruto filler arc officially started at episode 136, shortly after the Sasuke retrieval arc. Moreover, Naruto: Shippūden won't be aired till the fifteenth (15) of February. I'm quite disappointed that the anime will be skipping the spoiler[Kakashi Gaiden] arc, leaving those who don't read the manga to lack insight on spoiler[Kakashi's Sharingan].

-Crimson
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:42 am Reply with quote
I'm still gonna say it'll be on somewhere. Kakashi Gaiden will pop up some time in the future.

And don't skip all the filler. Some are entertaining, yet none are needed for the story.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Ghost-Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:49 am Reply with quote
well so far I'm waiting for the next season to come out on DVD over here in the UK, so I'm stuck watching the episodes on youtube. Right now I'm on episode 134 maybe 135. Anybody have any ideas when the next season will be coming out for UK residents?
C r i m s o n

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Iwatch2muchanime wrote:
I'm still gonna say it'll be on somewhere. Kakashi Gaiden will pop up some time in the future.

And don't skip all the filler. Some are entertaining, yet none are needed for the story.

I wouldn't be too certain yet, since Naruto: Shippūden will begin airing in chronological order with the exception of the spoiler[Kakashi Gaiden] arc. I mean, I'm doubtless when it comes to Naruto since this is a long running series, but wouldn't you say it would be quite peculiar of them to air an arc after another when it was originally the opening event? Though it wouldn't be of a surprise if they did decide to have it as an intermission for another arc.

-Crimson
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:54 pm Reply with quote
C r i m s o n wrote:
Iwatch2muchanime wrote:

I wouldn't be too certain yet, since Naruto: Shippūden will begin airing in chronological order with the exception of the spoiler[Kakashi Gaiden] arc. I mean, I'm doubtless when it comes to Naruto since this is a long running series, but wouldn't you say it would be quite peculiar of them to air an arc after another when it was originally the opening event? Though it wouldn't be of a surprise if they did decide to have it as an intermission for another arc.

-Crimson

Well this is certianly news to me. I had no idea that they were completely by-passing the whole Kakashi Gaiden to just save it for a later date. I do agree with you though. They could use the Kakashi Gaiden as an intermediate/filler arc in the future.

Anyway, I'm psyched for Naruto: Hurricane Chronicles, or whatever it's called in English. I've read far into the manga for Part 2, but I stopped during spoiler[the fight between Asuma and the guy in Akatsuki (I forget his name. He was the one who believed in the weird religion)] about 3 months ago.

Grr... So many anime, so little time. The Naruto fillers are ending, Bleach fillers are ending, I have to keep up with Code Geass, Death Note, and Busou Renkin, and I have to watch Fate/Stay Night at the same time.
PrimusZen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop wrote:

they began on 135 (I think). the new series will be way better than the original. i want to see it sooo badly Laughing
C r i m s o n

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:43 pm Reply with quote
SharinganEyes92 wrote:
Anyway, I'm psyched for Naruto: Hurricane Chronicles, or whatever it's called in English. I've read far into the manga for Part 2, but I stopped during spoiler[the fight between Asuma and the guy in Akatsuki (I forget his name. He was the one who believed in the weird religion)] about 3 months ago.

The Akatsuki "guy" you are referring to is named spoiler[Hidan], if you were wondering.

PrimusZen wrote:
they began on 135 (I think). the new series will be way better than the original. i want to see it sooo badly

PrimusZen, it would be appreciated if you took the time to read other members posts, since this particular question was answered a day ago. And no, the filler arc did not begin at episode 135 since it is in fact the conclusion of the spoiler[Sasuke Retrieval] arc. Again, the Naruto anime filler saga begins at episode 136.

-Crimson
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 62