• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Powerpuff Girls Z broadcast coming soon ?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Eric just informed me that Turner Broadcasting, the parent company of Cartoon Network, has registered several domain names (POWERPUFFGIRLSZ.TV / PPGZ.COM / PPGZ.NET / PPGZ.TV) related to Demashitaa! Powerpuff Girls Z. The domains were actually registered quite a number of months ago, and PPGZ is after all a Cartoon Network property (they produced it), so this comes as no surprise, but nor is it in any way indicative of immediate broadcast plans. I guess this gives PPGZ fans a bit of hope for an upcoming broadcast though...

I called CN to ask about it, they told me that no plans had been made for the North American broadcast yet, but all that means is that they aren't ready to talk about any plans, whether or not they exist.

-t
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Well if they co-produced it, it would be a bit strange if they gave it to 4kids channel, or some other channel to air if common sense prevailed. But all I've read is that this show is pants anyway so maybe they are testing it in Japan first before bringing it overseas. However it would be even more common sense to cover any and all angles of fandom for future usage too.
Starks

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:14 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
Eric just informed me that Turner Broadcasting, the parent company of Cartoon Network, has registered several domain names (POWERPUFFGIRLSZ.TV / PPGZ.COM / PPGZ.NET / PPGZ.TV) related to Demashitaa! Powerpuff Girls Z. The domains were actually registered quite a number of months ago, and PPGZ is after all a Cartoon Network property (they produced it), so this comes as no surprise, but nor is it in any way indicative of immediate broadcast plans. I guess this gives PPGZ fans a bit of hope for an upcoming broadcast though...

I called CN to ask about it, they told me that no plans had been made for the North American broadcast yet, but all that means is that they aren't ready to talk about any plans, whether or not they exist.

-t
Eek Temp, using my first name...
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:23 pm Reply with quote
So does this mean that Warner Bros. will be releasing the show on dvd?
power ruff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:04 am Reply with quote
hi,

Those's of you I know would love to see a english dub. And if any body
is a coworker from cartoonnetwork can they pass this massage on to the
studio that can do a english dub of powerpuff grils z.
one3rd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:40 am Reply with quote
You're trying to bribe the Cartoon Network staff with massages? I would hope that the folks at CN have more integrity than to be bought that way.
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Gosh, I HOPE it's licensed...I saw a few episodes of the fansub and REALLY enjoyed it. Not enough to watch more than the first two episodes fansubbed, but enough that (particularly if they brought back the original actresses) I'd be totally up for watching the dub on TV and buying (uncut) DVDs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1