• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Princess Mononoke Screening in Pasadena, CA

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Pasadena's Rialto Theater will screen Princess Mononoke March 3 at midnight.

Does anyone plan on going to see this? I am actually very interested to see it on the big screen since I didn't get to see since I wasn't really into the fandom yet. But since I love Princess Mononoke a lot, I think that I might check it out, assuming I can get work off......maybe I'll go visit old town Pasadena while I am in town.
Cloe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Hm, I might check this out. I'll be at that very same theater on February 15th to see The Animation Show, so I'll already know where the theater is. I never got to see Princess Mononoke on film the first time around so this might be fun.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
darkhunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Princess Mononoke is Ghibli's best film so this is good news for anime fan. I already seen this film several times, so it's a no go for me.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:33 pm Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
Princess Mononoke is Ghibli's best film so this is good news for anime fan. I already seen this film several times, so it's a no go for me.

Yeah I've seen it several times, but I am all about the experiences since I don't really get to see too many anime in theater, well other then Paprika, and Appleseed.....so to have the chance to see a movie I really enjoy I definitely will try to make an effort to get out to Pasadena. And the best part is that it really isn't all that far away from me, just a quick hop on the 210 and I am there.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Saw it already on a double bill with Castle of Cagliostro. Cool I recommend pestering the New Beverly for an encore performance.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:32 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Saw it already on a double bill with Castle of Cagliostro. Cool I recommend pestering the New Beverly for an encore performance.

Damn your quite lucky GATSU, perhaps I might just bug them later on, if I could have a double feature I'd go with Princess Mononoke and then Nausicaa.....that would be a very sweet night in my opinion.
Rabobinair

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:13 am Reply with quote
I wish Alaska would do that but the theaters here do not sho wmany good films as it is. There is a etury and a Regal and they barter which shows what movies. So sometimes I need to drive a extra 30 minutes to see some movies. Makes me sad, like the Good Shepard among others. Now anime in the theaters would make me happy.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
halochief_90

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:43 am Reply with quote
To those who haven't seen it, now's your chance to see the greatest anime movie ever, lol!
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:52 am Reply with quote
Too bad I'm nowhere near Pasadena. I was lucky enough however to catch it in theaters when it was first released many years back, most of the time only the cruddy uptown theater shows anime movies but luckily with Mononoke the nice, new at the time theater in Apple Valley had it for awhile. They didn't have it long though, we saw another movie there just a short time later and by then Mononoke was already gone.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cloe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
most of the time only the cruddy uptown theater shows anime movies but luckily with Mononoke the nice, new at the time theater in Apple Valley had it for awhile.

Hey man, you'd better watch what you have to say about Uptown Theatre. Wink That place is my favorite theater on the planet (much better than Lagoon). Probably the one thing I miss most about Minneapolis. That's a lie. I basically miss everything. Anime cry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:44 pm Reply with quote
So head count, is anyone actually going to this screening. I think that I am going to go, probably have dinner in Pasadena (California Pizza Kitchen sounds good) with the girlfriend. I am really looking forward to seeing this, I can't wait!
darkhunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
So head count, is anyone actually going to this screening. I think that I am going to go, probably have dinner in Pasadena (California Pizza Kitchen sounds good) with the girlfriend. I am really looking forward to seeing this, I can't wait!

Wakcano in old town is a hip place for sushi and drinks (21+) with a nice vibe and the place is usually packed so there might be a 20 wait. Since they close at 4am, it's good "after theater" or club place to hang out.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:37 am Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
Wakcano in old town is a hip place for sushi and drinks (21+) with a nice vibe and the place is usually packed so there might be a 20 wait. Since they close at 4am, it's good "after theater" or club place to hang out.

Do you mean Wokcano? I tried searching for Wakcano and nothing came up, but there was a wokcano in Pasadena. Must say I am somewhat excited to see what this place is all about, I heard from a buddy of mine that the melting pot was good anyone been there before?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1