• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The relationship between Naruto and Sasuke

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ohoni

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:25 pm Reply with quote
He won't give up the power, but you can be plenty powerful and still be a member of Konoha. So far there really isn't anything he'd have to give up by rejoining the Konoha family.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:05 pm Reply with quote
selenta wrote:
This is something that hasn't been enforced very strictly in the past before and even something that I've done myself in the past, but spoilers that have not been covered at all in the anime do not belong in the anime threads. Several series have had many major plot spoilers ruined for me because people are unable to responsibly use spoiler tags. Although manga/novel spoilers were more or less ignored, they have never really belonged in the anime forums.

If you wish to discuss any manga spoilers, and how excited you are to see something animated in the future, please keep that discuss in the manga forum. Manga spoilers only seem to potentially belong in the anime forums if they are directly related to how something from the manga has been animated, or whether or not there were changes. The exact circumstances are far from set in stone, but just because you're excited, doesn't mean that me or anyone else should have the show ruined for them if they don't want it to be.

Well I did and still do apologize, because I forgot to use spoiler tags, not because I was too excited. In fact, that's not the reason I posted it in the first place. I only did it to make an argument having to do with the topic discussed, that is all.

Once again, I still apologize to anyone that was spoiled and angered by what I said.

Quote:

That was Sasuke decison to leave the Hidden Leaf Village and go after revenge,which is why I just do not see why Naruto should chase after him. No one can covince Sasuke to come back to the Hidden Leaf Village now because Sasuke has tasted power and his persona suggest that he will never give it up

Pretty much everything you've said here are things that I and other people have already made quite logical arguments against, so there's no reason for me to argue against it again.

Basically, all I can really say for you here is that Naruto abandoning his friend for his goal is just as despicable as what Sasuke is doing. Remember, he's abandoning his friends for his goal as well.

I believe it was Kakashi who said this: "Those who abandon the mission are scum, but those who abandon their friends are worse than scum." You have to remember while it was Sasuke's choice to leave, it was also Naruto's choice to go after him. It has nothing to do with Sasuke intentionally drawing Naruto away from his goal. Naruto giving up his dream for his friend is the more honorable thing to do.

Or, as it says in Spiderman 2: "Sometimes, in order to do the right thing, we have to give up the things we want the most. Even if it means giving up your dreams."

Also, I should have suggested this a VERY long time ago, but I would like to suggest that you give a warning to people who want to read this thread that there are A LOT of spoilers to the anime here for people who haven't watched this far into the anime yet.

And to Ohoni: spoiler[***Down on knees*** Please oh PLEASE will you use spoiler tags when referring to the manga? I mean, I've read the manga, but there are a ton of people here that haven't that are getting very very pissed that we are spoiling it for them. It would be very much appreciated if you would, thank you. Also, keep in mind that naruto fan 09812 hasn't read the manga yet either, so referring to the manga probably won't help him at all.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6