• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Studio Ghibli Lines up Art Staff for New Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yellow-hairedwarrior

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Yeah! Another Ghibli film from Miyazaki! W00t!n Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DragonsRevenge

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Here's hoping it's better than Howls.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Now taking bets on whether or not someone asks AnswerMan, "Hey, I heard they're lining up art staff for this movie, how can I get into it?"
Thefluff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:56 am Reply with quote
*opens up Gmail*

Dear Answerman Hey, I heard they're lining up art staff for this movie, how can I get into it?
yellow-hairedwarrior

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:08 am Reply with quote
What's wrong with Howl? I liked Howl Sad [/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vikio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:11 am Reply with quote
That poor man, he just can't stop, can he? I never knew making feature-length art was like an adictive drug... Confused
Or maybe Hayao is thinking something along these lines - "Goro has brought shame to the Miyazaki name, I must make another movie to redeem it"
And I don't wanna look a gift horse in the mouth, but I just hope this movie goes in some totlly unexpected direction and pleasantly surprises all of us. (cause another fairy-tale may feel stale methinks...)
Sommerstars8o8

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:23 am Reply with quote
I really cant wait for his new film Howl's moving castle was all right my whole family love it , they want to watch more of his films so i suggest a few Smile .
DragonsRevenge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:48 am Reply with quote
yellow-hairedwarrior wrote:
What's wrong with Howl? I liked Howl Sad
[/quote]

It was almost a carbon copy of Spirited Away. I loved Spirited Away. Really. It's one of my favorite Ghibli Films, but it's like they just tried to make the same movie. The character designs were cliche, Howl looked like a "OMG SEXY BISHIE!!!!1" It was too long, too boring. I was just extremely disappointed. Even Ebert, who practically fellates Miyazaki and everything he and the studio has ever done didn't like it. Not that I listen to movie critics, but that's gotta say something there.
yellow-hairedwarrior

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:31 pm Reply with quote
[/quote]

It was almost a carbon copy of Spirited Away. I loved Spirited Away. Really. It's one of my favorite Ghibli Films, but it's like they just tried to make the same movie. The character designs were cliche, Howl looked like a "OMG SEXY BISHIE!!!!1" It was too long, too boring. I was just extremely disappointed. Even Ebert, who practically fellates Miyazaki and everything he and the studio has ever done didn't like it. Not that I listen to movie critics, but that's gotta say something there.[/quote]

Yeah, I don't much listen to movie critics either. I personally feel, you might as well go and see the movie yourself and make your own judgements whether the movie was good or not.

I guess the reason why I like Howl is because its like Miyazaki's version of Beauty and the Beast. I'm kind of a sucker for the original Grimm's Fairytales. I suppose that's the reason why I got all mushy for Howl, even if the characters were a little cliche.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1