• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Comic Ranking, July 18-24

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Silver Spoon is hardly a bad series; it has heart, humor, and an interesting discussion on how differently animal life is viewed and valued when it comes to farmers as opposed to non-farmers. Some of the characters bug me, and it's lacking a real driving focus - right now it feels more episodic and meandering - so hopefully it'll soon find its rhythm and then we'll see another thought-provoking Arakawa work.

In the meantime, I must find a way to own everything Naoki Urasawa has ever put to paper or had adapted into anime. (Which reminds me: Anyone know if/when the rest of the Monster anime will be released on DVD? I absolutely LOVED that series to death!!)
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:39 am Reply with quote
Really happy to see Sangatsu no Lion on top. I adore Chika Umino's work. I hope it gets an eventual anime adaptation like Honey & Clover did.
st_owly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:25 am Reply with quote
How the mighty have fallen. Rin-ne really isn't doing that well, for a Takahashi work.
Yorozuya

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:11 am Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
How the mighty have fallen. Rin-ne really isn't doing that well, for a Takahashi work.

It hasn't got an anime yet. (If it ever will)

But I have to admit romantic tension between Rin and Sakura is really low at this point. At least up to chapter 89 or whenever they stopped releasing chapters online.
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Silver Spoon isn't bad just boring. Especially compared to Moyasimon which is much better.
khadijah1415

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Silver Spoon was a let down for most people because they were expecting an action series like FullMetal Alchemist.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1