• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sunrise Industry Panel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:04 am Reply with quote
Someone shoulda asked them if there was gonna be a Kekkaishi continuation/conclusion a la InuYasha: The Final Act.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:39 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Are there any further plans for the My-HiME or My-Otome series? Or perhaps a Blu Ray release of the older series?
Wow, you guys totally paraphrased this question, though that might be for the better. This was the best question IMO, though it regretfully took a lot of undue flak due to the nature of the fan asking the question. (Flak that the dudes who asked redundant/pompous questions about Gundam should have gotten instead.)

The least Sunrise could have done would have been to give a straight answer, instead of stating an obvious non-answer which seemed like a "NO" to me. Crying or Very sad
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:51 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Are there any further plans for the My-HiME or My-Otome series? Or perhaps a Blu Ray release of the older series?

Both shows have been released on Blu-ray box sets in Japan along with separate releases of the My-Otome OVAs so if you ask me, this is more of a question for Bandai to answer when it comes to the US.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:00 pm Reply with quote
NJ_, the problem is that ANN has really paraphrased the question. The question specifically asked about another series, or perhaps a movie. When the translator took the question down, he specifically remarked about a movie, but ANN has omitted that.

That said, I don't think the person asking the question knew that there had been Japanese blu-rays of the shows. I know I had forgotten that interesting tid-bit, but it doesn't answer the original question, which was quite clearly about more new content for the franchise rather than re-releases of old content.

In ANN's defense, the person asking the question did ramble on, and there was a lot of juvenile snickering and derisive commenting during the question due to the speaker's southern drawl & peculiar pronunciation of every Japanese word spoken, including Otome ("Autumn-A" as opposed to something like "Owe-toe-may"), which might have impeded a verbatim transcription by the elsewise diligent ANN staffer.

Where were these vituperative souls when some fan tried to impress the panelists with his grasp of marketing theory, or when a Gundam question was asked by a fan after being preemptively addressed by Bandai's Bob Napton, or when 2 people asked effectively the same question? I guess they wasted all their energy on undue & juvenile mockery. Rolling Eyes
CG-LOVER

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:51 pm Reply with quote
hmmm, simply saying that the new Code Geass series is behind schedule seems like a bit of an understatement to me. Oh well, the panel was still pretty informative though. I'm especially interesting in what the said about re-releasing Gundam Wing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
Quote:
Wow, you guys totally paraphrased this question, though that might be for the better. This was the best question IMO, though it regretfully took a lot of undue flak due to the nature of the fan asking the question. (Flak that the dudes who asked redundant/pompous questions about Gundam should have gotten instead.)

The least Sunrise could have done would have been to give a straight answer, instead of stating an obvious non-answer which seemed like a "NO" to me. Crying or Very sad

From what I have seen My-hime and My-Otome doesn't have much of a fanbase in America anymore. It just kind of died after the fansubs where done. That's really too bad because My-Otome might be one of the most underrated Gems of the past decade.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1