• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - Omega Men

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZenAmako

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:39 am Reply with quote
Justin, when you said you'd just seen a great British film, I thought you were going to say Deep End. Deep End is an older (1970) cult film that just came out on Blu-ray last month in the UK. It's about a 15-year-old boy who gets a job as an attendant at a seedy bathhouse, where he becomes obsessed with his slightly older (early 20s) female coworker (played by the beautiful Jane Asher). It's funny, surreal, and tragic. I have a feeling you'd really like this -- if you haven't already seen it, that is.

The trailer can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxmETq3YtjM

I believe Criterion will be releasing it at some point, but the BFI release is region free and looks great.

I liked Fish Tank a lot too. I imported the DVD last year.
Arsenette

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for answering my question about Only Yesterday Very Happy I actually didn't know about the show until I went back and heard every ANNCast and ran into the top 10 show from a couple Christmas' ago? I looked it up.. found out it wasn't even in US production but there was a subtitle for it and downloaded that. Figures of course I suck at authoring so I can't get it to play in a DVD player with the sound, picture in sync and no subtitles playing.. LOL So I'm stuck watching on my computer.

I do have to agree with Zac about enjoying watching stuff on a couch and TV. I like to limit my computer time since the screen does pull my eyes more than watching a TV. At least in my case. So yeah.. getting a copy of that movie I can watch on my DVD would rock.. wish someone would release it so I can buy it. I'd pay full price for that beautiful movie. Wink

P.S. I did ask Crunchy Roll on twitter if they had any plans on getting on XBLA.. and they said they are "actively working on it." I'd get a subscription if I can watch Crunchy Roll on my TV.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:50 pm Reply with quote
By that, do you mean that it's harder for you to pay attention on a computer screen than on a TV screen? Because it's like that with me too. I get a pseudo-ADHD on the computer; I always want to go check out something else. On a TV, I can pay attention to one thing for a long period of time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5