• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Clannad Feature Length Anime Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mirrinus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:29 am Reply with quote
Akukaze wrote:
I think a KyoAni adaption of Clannad is a pretty safe bet, if not sooner then certainly later. TV anime are generally announced with a lot less notice than movies or OVAs, so a fall or even summer Clannad TV is hardly unfeasable. Though, does anyone know how long Lucky Star is going to be?

Lucky Star is slated to run for 13 episodes.
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:34 am Reply with quote
Mirrinus wrote:
Akukaze wrote:
I think a KyoAni adaption of Clannad is a pretty safe bet, if not sooner then certainly later. TV anime are generally announced with a lot less notice than movies or OVAs, so a fall or even summer Clannad TV is hardly unfeasable. Though, does anyone know how long Lucky Star is going to be?

Don't forget we're (very. extremely likely according to moon-phase) getting another Haruhi season this year as well. Clannad might not come until next year. I can wait though.
Akukaze

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:00 pm Reply with quote
who_is_friend wrote:
Mirrinus wrote:
Akukaze wrote:

Don't forget we're (very. extremely likely according to moon-phase) getting another Haruhi season this year as well. Clannad might not come until next year. I can wait though.

When did Moon Phase say anything about that? It isn't listed on their upcomming anime page, even as a rumor (though, neither is Clannad TV).

My guess is that if there's gonna be a Clannad TV anytime soon (which I think the BS-i page proved, but who knows) it will be summer or fall so they can tie it in with the movie. Haruhi's ratings and DVD sales probably won't be any less or more if it starts in the winter rather than the summer, but Clannad will probably get a boom from starting around the same time as the movie. Plus, that's how it was with Air.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:20 am Reply with quote
Akukaze wrote:
dormcat wrote:
Here's something interesting on the schedule page of Japanese broadcaster BS-i... looks like the rumor might become a reality. Cool

Good find! You just totally made my week! (Even if I was more or less expecting it. Anime hyper)

Shoot, they found out and removed the link. Rolling Eyes

Bad news: the screenplay of Clannad movie will be written by Makoto Nakamura, who wrote AIR movie as well, according to the screencap provided by Akiba Blog.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dgreater1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Wooohoooo! Look at the promo video Laughing

Taken from Akiba Blog

PROMO video
Promo video

The two promo video are the same but taken in a different angle.

Why are they distributing 腸詰め大家族 and not 団子大家族 Shocked Laughing

Anyway, I just saw Tomoyo and Kyou get animated :3 now I could die a happy man... (just kidding) Oh.... and I still have to wait for the series Smile

By the way... did I just see Tomoyo cooking Tomoya his breakfast? Wouldn't that mean Tomoya was walking on Tomoyo's scenario?!?!?!?! Oh nevermind that...
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:28 pm Reply with quote
OMG, OMG, OMG!!! Laughing

http://www.bs-i.co.jp/clannad/

I can't believe this; Toei shot their own feet AGAIN. Twisted Evil Since the website is now online, I expect it to be broadcasted in October 2007, two weeks after the movie premiere (Sep 15, 2007).

EDIT: some self-advertising, with video. Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Mirrinus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Heh, I guess this may likely push a possible SuzuHaru second season back to 2008. Meh...this is why you shouldn't trust rumors. ^_^

Technically, they could squeeze in another 13-episode run in between when Lucky Star ends and October when Clannad starts, but highly doubt that'll happen. It's OK, they're both fine choices.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:03 pm Reply with quote
On the one hand, I'm very happy to see that we will be seeing Clannad animated as a TV series, and I'm thrilled it will be by Kyoto Animation.

On the other hand, unless they decide to do more than one series at a time (for better or for worse), it will be even longer until we see new FMP or Haruhi series, assuming there will be any more at all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2