• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Aniplex Solicitations

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:47 am Reply with quote
DerekTheRed wrote:
Have there been any disk issues since then?

Like Sanosuke said, Fox Deity had the art box issue and Wagnaria had disc glitches.

However, Arwakawa and Katanagatari aren't perfect, at least their BDs aren't with locked subtitles a la FMA: B. Normally, that's not an issue (at least for me), but stacked on with everything else they've messed up in the past, it is super annoying that they can't release one thing without some kind of limp. They said it was mandated by Aniplex (which is most likely true since it affects FMA: B, like I said), but that doesn't magically make it less annoying. It actually probably makes it more annoying that Aniplex made them do it.

I think two posts in one thread bitching about NISA is enough. I'm sure Blood-, could go a while without ever seeing me bring up NISA again Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:57 am Reply with quote
Thing for me is that I saw people complain about the BDs having subtitles so damn small that they literally couldn't even see them, and then those same people double-backed and whined about not being able to turn said subtitles off.

It seems as though the logic by which they bitch is somewhat flawed. Rolling Eyes
Darksorrow29

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:50 am Reply with quote
I'm probably buying Trust and Betrayl on bluray, it's just a matter of when. My august is so bogged down already... Spice and Wolf + Spice and Wolf 2 on bluray... FMA Brotherhood bluray is on sale... and there's a figure I'm tempted to buy, haha.

The reason the price is so high most likely is due to a small quantity. Bring in a small quantity for huge fans for a premium price.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:48 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
October 2011
Oreimo DVD Complete Box Limited Edition
  • Price: 74.99
  • Release Date: 10/18

Blue Exorcist Volume 1
  • Price: 37.48
  • Release Date: 10/18

January 2012
Blue Exorcist Volume 2
  • Price: 37.48
  • Release Date: 1/24

These are my picks. I would love to get the Rurouni Kenshin sets but they are a little too steep for my budget.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:43 pm Reply with quote
With these particular titles, I don't want them enough to justify the price or buying sub-only products for that matter.
Veers

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:47 pm Reply with quote
I'm curious how Trust & Betrayal will look on BD. I paid MSRP for the DVD and I never regretted it for a second because it's one of my favorite movies ever, anime or otherwise, but the DVDs really don't look that bad on an HDTV, so I'm wondering if this BD will be better enough to warrant another purchase.

Not enough solid details on Madoka's release yet, but if it gets a BD release that'll probably be a day-one purchase for me, I don't really care how expensive it is.
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:36 am Reply with quote
Wow, that looks really nice. Again, if only I gave a f**k about the show. Sad
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:42 am Reply with quote
Purchasing Oreimo in hopes of a future Blu-ray set. It does look very nice, and I do appreciate Aniplex of America being a step above the rest in the amount of goodies, but I won't hold this as highly as I would an HD release. Them again, our "early adapter" plans for the Gurren Lagann films didn't quite pay off sooo maybe this isn't the best idea...
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:38 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
However, Arwakawa and Katanagatari aren't perfect, at least their BDs aren't with locked subtitles a la FMA: B. Normally, that's not an issue (at least for me), but stacked on with everything else they've messed up in the past, it is super annoying that they can't release one thing without some kind of limp. They said it was mandated by Aniplex (which is most likely true since it affects FMA: B, like I said), but that doesn't magically make it less annoying. It actually probably makes it more annoying that Aniplex made them do it.

Perhaps true for Katanagatari but not for Arakawa Under The Bridge as that is not an Aniplex show.
Scormio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:56 am Reply with quote
Twice as glad I pre-ordered OreImo now. I mean, I was gonna get it anyway, but all that stuff just makes it more awesome
Starsplash Taiwan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Oreimo is all Im getting. Nothing else matters.

However, if they want my money, they will have to drop that pricetag down a lot.
WTK

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Starsplash Taiwan wrote:
However, if they want my money, they will have to drop that pricetag down a lot.

Aniplex pricing does not go down. They only go up in price shortly after the street date.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:48 am Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
Starsplash Taiwan wrote:

Aniplex pricing does not go down. They only go up in price shortly after the street date.

Shopping around won't help you out either. Sony locks out any retailer competition because of their minimum advertised price policy. No affiliate discounts, no membership discounts, no specials, no bargains. They don't even apply for free shipping at the Bandai Store, so their rewards program won't even work in your favor. So basically, your either stuck buying new or buying at double MSRP from an Amazon or eBay vendor. I'd suck it up and spend the $60. Just sayin' Smile
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Larger version

Last edited by WTK on Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 108