Forum - View topic
Aniplex Solicitations


Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Vata Raven



Joined: 21 May 2007
Posts: 694
Location: TN

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Very purty. But I'm still conflicted ... do I wait to see if a BD set will come out in the future? Damn, damn, damn, I hate these kinds of decisions. Eh, I'll probably end up getting it and then kicking myself if a BD set comes out. At least this is a LE offering, so I guess I can console myself that way if it happens.

They're not putting out a BD set, sorry to say. With them saying with how well the damn set sold, they would've brought over over if they could, but they didn't. It's not like Durarara when they DVD came out first, then the blu-ray because there was no BD in Japan. This is a different story.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blood-
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 07 Mar 2009
Posts: 14070
Location: Toronto, Canada

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:
Blood- wrote:
Very purty. But I'm still conflicted ... do I wait to see if a BD set will come out in the future? Damn, damn, damn, I hate these kinds of decisions. Eh, I'll probably end up getting it and then kicking myself if a BD set comes out. At least this is a LE offering, so I guess I can console myself that way if it happens.

They're not putting out a BD set, sorry to say. With them saying with how well the damn set sold, they would've brought over over if they could, but they didn't. It's not like Durarara when they DVD came out first, then the blu-ray because there was no BD in Japan. This is a different story.


It's foolish to think anyone can predict one way or the other what might happen in the future. Aniplex hasn't been around long enough, nor have they done enough releases to draw any conclusions at this point. Would you have predicted they would have released a non-LE BD for Baccano! so soon after the LE BD sold out? I wouldn't have. I'm certainly not saying that there will be a GoS BD for sure at some point in the future, but neither can anyone say for sure that it won't happen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Vata Raven



Joined: 21 May 2007
Posts: 694
Location: TN

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Vata Raven wrote:
Blood- wrote:
Very purty. But I'm still conflicted ... do I wait to see if a BD set will come out in the future? Damn, damn, damn, I hate these kinds of decisions. Eh, I'll probably end up getting it and then kicking myself if a BD set comes out. At least this is a LE offering, so I guess I can console myself that way if it happens.

They're not putting out a BD set, sorry to say. With them saying with how well the damn set sold, they would've brought over over if they could, but they didn't. It's not like Durarara when they DVD came out first, then the blu-ray because there was no BD in Japan. This is a different story.


It's foolish to think anyone can predict one way or the other what might happen in the future. Aniplex hasn't been around long enough, nor have they done enough releases to draw any conclusions at this point. Would you have predicted they would have released a non-LE BD for Baccano! so soon after the LE BD sold out? I wouldn't have. I'm certainly not saying that there will be a GoS BD for sure at some point in the future, but neither can anyone say for sure that it won't happen.

The fact is, they said they couldn't get the BD rights, they even said it themselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rukiia



Joined: 30 Aug 2010
Posts: 1762
Location: British Columbia, Canada

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:
Blood- wrote:
Vata Raven wrote:
Blood- wrote:
Very purty. But I'm still conflicted ... do I wait to see if a BD set will come out in the future? Damn, damn, damn, I hate these kinds of decisions. Eh, I'll probably end up getting it and then kicking myself if a BD set comes out. At least this is a LE offering, so I guess I can console myself that way if it happens.

They're not putting out a BD set, sorry to say. With them saying with how well the damn set sold, they would've brought over over if they could, but they didn't. It's not like Durarara when they DVD came out first, then the blu-ray because there was no BD in Japan. This is a different story.


It's foolish to think anyone can predict one way or the other what might happen in the future. Aniplex hasn't been around long enough, nor have they done enough releases to draw any conclusions at this point. Would you have predicted they would have released a non-LE BD for Baccano! so soon after the LE BD sold out? I wouldn't have. I'm certainly not saying that there will be a GoS BD for sure at some point in the future, but neither can anyone say for sure that it won't happen.

The fact is, they said they couldn't get the BD rights, they even said it themselves.

They said at the time that they couldn't get the rights and that was over year ago when someone asked about it at one of their panels. Took them almost 2 years to finally give us a DVD release so anything is possible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 07 Mar 2009
Posts: 14070
Location: Toronto, Canada

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Do you have a link for that? Besides which, just because they couldn't get the BD rights NOW doesn't necessarily mean FOREVER. I'm assuming AoA couldn't get the rights because their parent, Aniplex, has some reason. Perhaps Aniplex is planning a non-LE BD release in Japan at some point. Who knows?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Sheleigha



Joined: 09 May 2008
Posts: 1452

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:43 am Reply with quote
I really want that Garden of Sinners box! VERY pretty, especially for a re-release! However, but budget is pretty shot this fall (as always). I think I recall the blu ray set selling out before pre-orders ended, correct? If that was the case, did Rightstuf make any newsletter warnings of them running out prior? I won't be able to pick one up on release, sadly, but I do want it to sit in my cart and watch it... just in case a counter appears later on >_>

Because of budgets, but my craving for getting an LE before it runs out, I've planned on watching Aniplex titles for counters. Things have been slow lately, but glad I picked up the Kenshin OVAs once the counters hit! They actually went pretty fast!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lem



Joined: 29 Sep 2007
Posts: 458

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:09 am Reply with quote
Thanks to being being burned out on anime at the time it was first made available (at TRSI) I missed out. oh well. can't get 'em all. So that one there is an instant pre-order, and probably a double dip if another blu-ray release is ever made available within my life time? I know, I know, with all their fear over reverse importation... good luck on that one right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
manicli



Joined: 16 Jun 2012
Posts: 180
Location: Toronto, Canada

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:07 am Reply with quote
What a bad week to lose my credit card, I won't be able to place my preorder for almost 2 weeks Sad I just hope it doesn't sell out by then like last time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vata Raven



Joined: 21 May 2007
Posts: 694
Location: TN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:33 pm Reply with quote
manicli wrote:
What a bad week to lose my credit card, I won't be able to place my preorder for almost 2 weeks Sad I just hope it doesn't sell out by then like last time.

No, this isn't an import, it's a in-house product. They'll print enough to cover per-orders and extras.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
superdry



Joined: 07 Jan 2012
Posts: 1309

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:33 pm Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:
Durarara? I pre-ordered, no BD anywhere in sight. Haha, BD LE lunch box now. Come on we know you want to double-dip. A year and a half from now they will probably have a stripped down version of DRRR!! too. Been there done that.


The upcoming DRRR! BD release is different though since when Aniplex USA released the DVDs there was no BD release of the series in Japan.

I do agree on the possibility of a RE BD release down the road.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Regannator



Joined: 03 Jul 2012
Posts: 94
Location: The uncomfortable dungeon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:11 pm Reply with quote
So I noticed my post on here was deleted, even though it was incredibly brief. Hell, not even any soapboxing... So, I guess that can only mean our opinions are being censored to cater to a personal sense of aesthetics. Something like "Don't like it? You're wrong and we don't want to know."

That said, even I can admit that my post was too brief - too much opinion, not enough substance. So, I guess I'm here to clear the air a bit. What I'm saying is: Aniplex? At $150, for a series I was truly hoping to own on DVD one day, even at that price range, I can only respectfully say "Thanks, but no thanks." At this rate, I think it will be more fruitful if I just wait for a European anime distributor to release something more consumer-friendly (DVD regions are no trouble for me).

That is all. Smile

[Mod Edit: Link removed. Don't link to content unless it is actually relevant to the topic, especially if said content is as potentially offensive and NSFW as that was. - Keonyn]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
superdry



Joined: 07 Jan 2012
Posts: 1309

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:25 am Reply with quote
Regannator wrote:
At this rate, I think it will be more fruitful if I just wait for a European anime distributor to release something more consumer-friendly (DVD regions are no trouble for me).


Then why do you even care what Aniplex USA releases then? Just buy the Euro import and be done with it. Kaze France is releasing both Garden of Sinners and Fate/Zero at prices more palatable to you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ailblentyn
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 28 Mar 2009
Posts: 1551
Location: body in Ohio, heart in Sydney

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:34 am Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
Then why do you even care what Aniplex USA releases then? Just buy the Euro import and be done with it. Kaze France is releasing both Garden of Sinners and Fate/Zero at prices more palatable to you.
Exactly. The Kaze Garden of Sinners is very nice. Less lavish than the Aniplex USA release in some ways (no booklet), but the same Japanese covers --- and with soundtrack CDs extra. Of course it has no English subtitles.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nico87



Joined: 11 Jun 2011
Posts: 129

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:59 am Reply with quote
supercreep wrote:
SoraChanShadow wrote:
Was Garden of Sinners made in HD? Just asking. It coming out the same days as bakemonogatari blu ray.


Yes it was. I will be waiting for an eventual blu ray re-release. $150 is still a bit too high for SD.


Are you sure? I'm fairly sure it's just an upscale.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
supercreep



Joined: 11 Dec 2011
Posts: 510
Location: Long Island, New York

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:04 am Reply with quote
Nico87 wrote:
supercreep wrote:
SoraChanShadow wrote:
Was Garden of Sinners made in HD? Just asking. It coming out the same days as bakemonogatari blu ray.


Yes it was. I will be waiting for an eventual blu ray re-release. $150 is still a bit too high for SD.


Are you sure? I'm fairly sure it's just an upscale.


I could have sworn that they were, and having watched them myself I would be shocked to learn that they weren't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 38 of 92

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group