• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New York ComicCon 2007 - Yen Press

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Spiral! Well, that's news! Now I have something to look forward too. I have to say that I was disappointed with the way the anime ended. To many unanswered questions.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:28 pm Reply with quote
I've always been interested in the anime, but I never wanted to actually watch it because I knew it didn't resolve anything. I'll be picking up this title when it comes out. It will be my first title from Yen Press, though I think they are a fairly new company anyway.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Darn, I beaten to saying how great it is that Spiral has been licensed. My sister will be especially happy since she loved the anime. Can't say I'm not interested too.

Has anybody from this company made any statements about editing policies and censorship? I have no idea about the content of any of these licenses, except a passing idea of what Spiral might be like based on having seen the anime, but the last thing I want is another censorship happy publisher.

Nice to hear that there might be a new manga anthology magazine coming out, considering that it might lead to some interesting licenses.

Probably due to the fact I read a book called Nightschool long ago when I was in grade school, I'll check out the OEL.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Spiral holy!
I've been waiting on that one since TP annouced it before and it never came.
I defintly know a few people who will grab that the day it comes out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:45 am Reply with quote
YAAAAAY!!!!!

Zombie Loan!!! YAAAAAY!!!!

Hehe... can't believe no one's said anything about this one yet!
I'll be buying this one, if nothing else...
Seeing as how a certain 'publisher' saw rabid fans and the shadow of flames after butchering a beloved property (damn you CMX), and the relative acceptance of Del-Rey's shrink-wrapping anything that's OT/16+ going over well, I'd imagine any new publishers will be a LOT more careful about the type's of edits they do... here's hoping Yen learned from these earlier mistakes and achievements...
rxreika

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:06 pm Reply with quote
ICv2 has more information about the Yen Press titles too: http://icv2.com/articles/home/10145.html

I'm curious about Black God, to be honest. It's created by Koreans, but since it was published in Japan by Square-Enix, it'll read like a manga. Razz
Akukaze

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:10 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Zombie-Loan (the new manga by Peach-Pit, the creators of DearS and Rozen Maiden)

Zombie-Loan isn't really new. It actually started before Rozen Maiden, I believe. But dude, it doesn't really mater because I've been waiting for YEARS to hear ZL and Spiral get licensed, and now, my two favorite manga series, licensed at the same time!

I'm really hoping Zombie-Loan draws in a lot of new fans now, because I think it has a lot of potential. In the bishounen market, if nothing else. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1