• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blue Dragon Anime Details

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Ok am I reading that page correctly, does it say that series premiere 4/7/2007 or is it saying that it starts on 7/4/2007? I'd have to imagine that this series is going to come out in US eventually, I am betting the 360 game will be a hit so it would make sense for it to come out in the US.
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:55 pm Reply with quote
It's coming out April 7th, 2007.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Seems all the good stuff is coming out in April. But the game doesn't come out in the U.S until June 2007.

So April will be when it's starts airing in Japan.
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:34 pm Reply with quote
that art looks better than the actual game.
ananda

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Ok am I reading that page correctly, does it say that series premiere 4/7/2007 or is it saying that it starts on 7/4/2007? I'd have to imagine that this series is going to come out in US eventually, I am betting the 360 game will be a hit so it would make sense for it to come out in the US.

The game will be released this Summer in NA (w/ the English and Japanese Audio Tracks!)

I’m really looking forward to the Anime as well but I mean I CAN'T WAIT for the game to be released!!! Very Happy
And now that Tara Strong has been confirmed as being part of the Cast; it is already off to a great start!

But going back to the Blue Dragon Anime; here is some more Info that you may or may not know already:

Air Date/Time:
Saturday 7th April 9:00 (not sure if Japan Time or GMT) @ TV Tokyo on a weekly basis.

Studio Pierrot, known for their work on Bleach and Naruto, is producing the Series. Something to note is that the Voice Cast in the Anime is different from the game. Shu, the main character, is voiced by Keiko Nemoto who is Shizune in Naruto.
Kluke, the female lead in Blue Dragon's main trio of adventurers, is voiced by Erino Hazuki, while Daisuke Namikawa provides the voice of the quiet boy Zero.
Son-kun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:43 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
that art looks better than the actual game.

Can't see the difference they both look very similar. Judging by that link though, it looks like they're adding a new character to the gang not seen in the video game.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:52 am Reply with quote
I wonder if it will be real good. You'd think it would be with the Final Fantasy creator and Akira Toriyama, the genius of the Dragonball, working on it.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:38 pm Reply with quote
I just realize this but Nobuo Uematsu is actually coming back to do the music for this series? Oh god this is my childhood lived all over again when I am in my early 20's. I seriously can't wait for the game or the anime, or any other version of this game.
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Shame it's being animed by Studio Pierrot expecte the first 2 episodes to look good and the rest medicore. Sad
ananda

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
I just realize this but Nobuo Uematsu is actually coming back to do the music for this series?

I don't know but I certainly hope so!... he composed the Soundtrack for the Game so why not for the Anime as well? …unless, he might be a little bit busy with all the other projects he is currently working on; but I do hope they keep the Blue Dragon Main Theme in at least.

Here, for anybody who wants to listen to the Game's Soundtrack:
Mistwalker Radio Channel: Blue Dragon
Enjoy!

Deltakiral wrote:

I seriously can't wait for the game or the anime, or any other version of this game.

^Ditto! xD...but I just want to experience the Game first! Ever since it was first announced I have been so waiting for it!!!
Cjcool300

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:44 am Reply with quote
Well, it's by the creator of DB so it might be good
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1