• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Paradise Kiss Special Edition Volume 3 canceled

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klampo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:53 pm Reply with quote
what was the special edition? ost?
Neverwhere

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:01 pm Reply with quote
I hope this doesn't mean sales for the series are disappointing. I was really looking forward to this starting a trend for more mature, female oriented titles (ParaKiss isn't a favourite of mine, but I hoped if it did well we might actually see more josei shows licensed as well).

Maybe it's just because they couldn't get the rights to something they were going to include in the special edition packaging? Let's hope it's something like that. Smile
miji

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:02 pm Reply with quote
No Anime cry ! This is upsetting news, I was looking forward to that ring. I love this series, and think it deserves some sort of special treatment Sad .
aluria

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:05 pm Reply with quote
miji wrote:
No Anime cry ! This is upsetting news, I was looking forward to that ring. I love this series, and think it deserves some sort of special treatment Sad .

The ring was going to be released in that edition? Damn, I wanted that ring too! Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
miji

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:09 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure the ring came with the SE.

This makes me worried. If ParaKiss isn't selling well, that means NANA probably wont get licensed anytime soon Sad .

*goes and weeps in a corner*
crescendoll

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Nooooo!!! Aw, man I really really wanted that ring, too! And here I was rubbing it in my sister's face that I'd have the ring when volume 3 came out...

I assumed the fact that they announced a special edition volume three at all was because the sales were doing particularly well. Is volume two not performing so well?
ManSlayer07

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Interesting news but I was never interested in the SE for volume 3 especially since I still need to get volume 2. Anime hyper I don't think this cancellation has much to do with sales like a few other posters have said (I assume it's a factor though). Quite a few upcoming Geneon discs have been delayed and some of their recent SE volumes have been canceled (new volumes for Ergo Proxy and Fate/Stay Night are examples).
ValkyrieZeroZeroOne

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:05 pm Reply with quote
This is the latest of numerous cancellations/delays from Geneon in recent weeks. Most of them have supposedly been to do with their switching DVD replicators. Amongst the numerous, I read this morning that Hellsing Ultimate Volume 2 has been pushed back from March to June 12th (which has been confirmed from a visit to the Geneon website, although in all fairness there have also been delays to the Japanese releases of this title), a LE they solicited for volume 3 of Fate/Stay night several weeks ago has been cancelled (which ticked me, as I'd already preordered it), and the release of both editions of Volume 1 of Black Lagoon has been pushed back from early April to the end of May.

As for the Paradise Kiss LE cancellation, it might have had more to do with being able to get the ring manufactured in a timely and affordable manner and thus they cancelled it. Though for mine, if that were the case, they should have had something more iron-clad regarding the ring (i.e. had a production commitment or even the stock of rings in their possession) before they solicited a LE volume including it.

These ongoing delays and cancellations do little for my almost-completely-faded hope that they will belatedly announce a LE w/box version of the last volume of Shakugan no Shana, and makes me wonder just how many more of these delays and cancellations are going to happen.
digitalkikka

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:26 pm Reply with quote
I personally couldn't care less about the ring but I feel bad for those who were looking forward to it. If there's one thing I hate it's getting excited over false promises and empty rumors. Geneon has a lot of titles I like and I'm going to be really unhappy if this becomes a new trend for them.
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:35 pm Reply with quote
I didn't care much for the anime since I've already finished the manga, but once I heard that vol 3 is coming with that gorgeous butterfly ring, I immediately decided to make my pre-order in fear it will run out of stock, but I guess I'm back to waiting for the boxset.
kolibri

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:00 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't going to buy the special edition (I did buy the art box though) but it sure sucks, the ring looked super-nice. I love Geneon's releases, the art boxes are always really good, and the extras on the Paradise Kiss DVDs have been nice.
liloaznangel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:32 pm Reply with quote
I was really looking forward to getting the ring Anime cry
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Thats sad to hear since I just had to pay $8 more for DVD 2. I asked the best Buy guy why and he told me: "it's probably a lot mor popular now than the frist disc. Thats why the price went up."

It sounded like a good idea.
Plus they still had ads for the ring on the insert.

I really wanted it. :cries:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:01 pm Reply with quote
I was really excited about getting the ring as well. Hopefully we'll get some sort of reason for this decision.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't all that hyped about the ring, but I was digging the series. Like others have said, I hope this doesn't mean more titles like this won't get released. However, I think it has to do with the cost and size of the ring in question.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2