• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Results of Japan's First Ever Seiyuu Awards Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:28 am Reply with quote
Thank you, Dernhelm.
I thought it was possibly fans since it was similar to one ANN posted a couple yrs back where Paku & Ishida again placed very high if not at the top.
I figured one voted on by the VA's themselves like the Oscars would have had a different result-maybe some deceased VA's would have made the special categories like Shiozawa or Suzuoki.
Dernhelm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:23 am Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:
Thank you, Dernhelm.
I thought it was possibly fans since it was similar to one ANN posted a couple yrs back where Paku & Ishida again placed very high if not at the top.
I figured one voted on by the VA's themselves like the Oscars would have had a different result-maybe some deceased VA's would have made the special categories like Shiozawa or Suzuoki.

i think it was part fan, part executives. there was an online voting poll after all.
i also think it was the jury who handled the final selection of nominees.
saorren

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I still don't know who was on the jury, but here is some info from 2channel about the organizing committee for the whole process: the chairman is from the seiyuus' association but works for the 81 Produce agency, which represents two of the winners. The vice-chair works for the Tokyo Anime Center (on whose radio show Miyata is a personality) and for Shogakkan publishers. Other members are from: Kadokawa (which publishes Suzumiya Haruhi), Bunka Broadcasting (which broadcasts Asano Masumi's show), Tokyo University of Technology (2), Tokyo Anime Center (3), and one more each from Bunka, Kadokawa, and 81 Produce.

The dance of corporate back-patting was probably involved, but I think they balanced it fairly well with straight merit. Many people associated with all those organizations did not win, too. And I don't see a rep of Aoni, the agency that had three winners.

If it is true that there is also vote from the industry then it's a totally different thing. can anyone give any concrete evidence that it's not just a fan-opinion-poll? i know there's an online vote option (where i voted from) and people can also vote in japan in different locations, via magazines, etc; but is there any official information about the judgement/jury thing?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3