• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[AoD] Subtitle Errors

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:36 am Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:23 pm Reply with quote
R-15 ep 9

Probably the same thing Sam mentioned before about consecutive comments not being stripped out properly.

--edit--

This line is only up for .38 of a second, which is a little on the short side:

Code:
<caption begin="00:00:52.19" dur="00:00:00.38" style="normal"><![CDATA[Even I thought that last article <br>was kind of pushing it...]]></caption>

Presumably as a knock-on effect the lines that follow are appearing too soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Mirai Nikki Episode 7

Errant curly bracket:

Line appears to be cut off (he says "Rei-kun no Nikki" so it should end "...Rei-kun's diary"):

Last edited by Shiroi Hane on Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Mirai Nikki Episode 6

Another TL comment:

Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Maken-Ki! Episode 7

Middle of this sentence is missing, presumably something like " arrived it w":
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Maken-Ki! Episode 8

Likewise, something like " is th" missing from the middle here:

And something off the end here ("'s wife" or similar):

There's a makes/cooks missing here:

And:
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:41 am Reply with quote
Maken-Ki 9

More random missing words.

(this sentence ends in the middle, missing "..will expose us." (barechimau) or whatever)

--

At 00:22:49.88 the line "What in the world..." isn't displayed because the next episode title is listed out of sequence.

--

I just realised that the missing words occur whenever there is an honourific so I think I know what is going on - Maken-Ki is being streamed by FUNimation and I assume they are providing the script. Whenever they used honourifics on the Kiddy Grade DVDs they were presented in italics; if they are still doing this the formatting could be messing up the conversion.
Yes - every line of subs that includes an honourific has a <i> in it, although it is moved to the start of the whole line and there are no closing </i> tags. The closing tags appear to be being stripped out along with some of the words that come after them.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Mirai Nikki 9
There were a few places where it didn't read right and it took me a while to pin it down, but it looks like the same problem as above - honourifics/italics are causing problems. Possibly exacerbated by apostrophes.

st_owly

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:51 am Reply with quote
There are so many in later episodes of Nura that I've given up trying to catch them all. (there's at least 10 every episode) The main problems seem to be words running together (likethis) and a distinct lack of full stops, often found together with the previous problem.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2