• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto Manga (for scanlation readers)

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanfanel

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:27 am Reply with quote
Something mystifies me here. The first comment on this chapter was posted on Thursday. The issue of Shonen Jump containing that chapter went on sale in Japan today (Monday). I was just skimming it at a local convenience store.

So what gives? How is this material getting out in translated form before it even streets in Japan?
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:27 am Reply with quote
Don't subscribers get it before it hits newstands?
Saffire

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:18 am Reply with quote
The magazine is fully printed well before the street date to account for shipping lag to the farther reaches of Japan and overseas. Anyone who works at the printer, distributor, or a store that just gets their shipment quickly could sneak a copy.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:28 am Reply with quote
Ah, that makes sense. They can't trust everyone in the distribution network because it's too big, I guess. For a minute there, I thought someone had learned the ultimate Kaizoku no Jutsu, allowing them to acquire manga before it even exists.

If it was me doing something like that I'd be worried enough at this point to not be taking the risk, I think. We're seeing stories now about uploaders getting arrested in Japan every week or two.

Anyway...spoiler[Team 7 reunited. Maybe. For the moment. And Sasuke wants to protect the village and become Hokage now? That was an LOL moment for me. I'd like to think he was just jerking Naruto's chain with that remark, but I don't think his sense of humor ever developed to that point.]
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:00 am Reply with quote
Great to see Team Seven reunited. Glad to see Sakura feel like she's come into her own.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Dear Kishimoto:

Thank you for having a a single chapter that focused on Sakura's development and bad ass-ness before the series ended. I'll even overlook that Sasuke thing at the end there.

I now forgive you for everything and will forget it until you screw it up again, which sadly more than likely won't take long.

But for now, IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME. I love you!

Love, a female comic reader who seems to do nothing but moan over females in comics, especially when reading manga.

It's sad that those couple pages is all it took for me to be happy with with the comic again.

Team Seven. I missed it.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:44 pm Reply with quote
So Obito has become a Sage of Six Paths (or the successor to)? That page was powerful!
RGaspar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:01 pm Reply with quote
It's been a while, so here's a couple of predictions from me:

- Naruto is ending with more or less 700 chapters. I might be incredibly wrong with this one, but I get the feeling this story is finally coming to a close and it won't be long now.

- Obito is not the final battle. He looks like the Big Bad but I'm guessing Orochimaru has something else to say before this is all done.

What do you guys think?

I was taking a Naruto break that lasted so long I had 35 chapters to read when I came back :O

I like the last revelations we're getting. Never thought Kishi could get so much with the seminal First Hokage vs Madara story.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:49 am Reply with quote
First post in a couple of months...

This last chapter really gave the feeling that Kishimoto is starting to wind things down.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Enjoy your holiday, Kishimoto-sensei :p Any bets that 2014 will be our beloved series' finale?
Smoke

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Tenbyakugon wrote:
Enjoy your holiday, Kishimoto-sensei :p Any bets that 2014 will be our beloved series' finale?

Hopefully it does. This series is the has become the biggest drag ever. Ever since the Pain arc it went downhill. Yeah there were some cool battles and other highlights afterward but over all there was more bad than good. Don't get me wrong I loved naruto series as a whole. I spent a lot of time reading manga and watching the anime but some of the character development spoiler[(Sasuke)] and plot twist spoiler[(Tobi=Obito)] were a disappointment.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:25 am Reply with quote
So it has ended. What did we think?
theturd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:56 am Reply with quote
Finally caught up after 1.5 year of non-reading.

I think overall it was quite good. Had it's ups and downs, but overall I enjoyed it. The last big battles were seriously epic. I shed a tear at opening pages of chapter 699. I will miss it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 79 of 79