• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto Manga (for scanlation readers)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digitalkikka

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:50 pm Reply with quote
I just read chapter 346 and was not surprised to find spoiler[Sasuke won]. I was slightly confused by what he's up to now though. Who is this mysterious person at the end? I hate waiting to find out what happens next Sad Especially when things are getting very interesting. The downside of this chapter was, of course, the lack of Akatsuki. Honestly, I need an Akatsuki fix soon.

As for the rest of the chapter... I'm curious as to how Naruto is going to deal with his jutsu's side effects. I didn't see that one coming. Right after all that training we learn spoiler[the it can cause irreversible damage?]. Very interesting... Hope we don't see anymore chapters devoted entirely to training.

Edit- 3 pages! YAY! Very Happy
Anime Wench

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:54 am Reply with quote
I've read chapter 346 as well and it turned out the way I thought and hoped it would. This story is getting very interesting.

As for Akatsuki, I think it's going to turn out that the leader is going to be someone who we've already heard about and would not suspect, but I don't have a clue who. I know there have been other speculations as to who it is and I think it will be very interesting when it is revealed.
cnile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:00 pm Reply with quote
yeah i was pleased as well with how this turned out.spoiler[ i bet he's gonna create his own "anti-akatsuki" -type squad to fight against them,] this is gonna get quite interesting from here on out, cant wait to see the fights.

and as for the leader of akatsuki , i think its gonna bespoiler[that uchiha madara fellow the kyuubi mentioned, probly the same guy itachi said that also had the magenkyo sharingan. no one actually ever said that guy was dead]
LightYagami

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:02 pm Reply with quote
I still have the sneaking suspicion that this isn't the last we will hear of orochimaru, to me at least it seems he was put out a little bit too easily.
digitalkikka

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:03 pm Reply with quote
LightYagami wrote:
I still have the sneaking suspicion that this isn't the last we will hear of orochimaru, to me at least it seems he was put out a little bit too easily.

I really hope he doesn't show up again since there is no point in having him around anymore. We already have Akatsuki so I'd rather not see some little side-villain stick around. But... I would be first in line for a spin-off series. Wink
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:24 pm Reply with quote
digitalkikka wrote:
LightYagami wrote:

I really hope he doesn't show up again since there is no point in having him around anymore. We already have Akatsuki so I'd rather not see some little side-villain stick around. But... I would be first in line for a spin-off series. Wink

Oh boy, a spin-off series about Orochimaru! Now that would be something! Cool

But yeah, I agree about Orochimaru being dead. I think we've seen about all we need to see, and his death really isn't that disappointing if you think about it. But I wonder who this new guy is that Sasuke just recruited......

The story is getting very interesting indeed. Cool
digitalkikka

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Chapter 347 is arguably the greatest Naruto chapter ever. First we get to meet the new guy (I can't remember his name) who I suspect may have been Mello in a former life. And he's naked so of course he needs to stand behind Sasuke in such a way as to make me blush. After that Naruto and Konohamaru show off another pervy jutsu with two girls, and then... we get the Sasuke x Sai diversion. Everyone's reactions were hilarious. The chapter ends on an interesting note which is sure to please cosplayers who invested in a Zabuza sword. All-in-all a great chapter. Can't wait to discuss this one Wink

Still no Akatsuki Anime cry But somehow, I didn't really mind...

Sorry for the hectic post, this chapter left me with some crazy thoughts.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Wow. Talk about you're crazy manga chapters. Shocked

Anyways, aside from all the naked bodies ***shudders*** I must say I am really liking the direction this series is starting to take. Can't really say anyone could have predicted some of these things. This series is getting VERY interesting.
Dranxis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Man, I am SO glad I bothered to catch up with the Naruto manga. 347 was a chapter of epic pwnage proportions, and I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life. Anime hyper I'm not sure how I like Suigetsu-- the idea of him carrying on Zabuza's legacy is interesting, but I dunno, he seems like a character I've seen somewhere before. Of course, any character that debuts naked is bound to be entertaining, so I guess I'll just sit back and see what I think of him in the coming weeks.

I officially love Konohamaru now. Leave it to him to reveal Sakura's inner yaoi fangirl.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Hands down, best chapter ever. It is nothing like Kishimoto's done before! I agree, it was hilarious. I also like that the Zabuza arc was brought back for a moment, especially seeing the "Great Naruto Bridge." Suigetsu is interesting, I don't know what to make of him yet, but I want to see Juugo and Karin, too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
digitalkikka

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Dranxis wrote:
but I dunno, he seems like a character I've seen somewhere before.

Same here. Doesn't he look like what would happen if Mello (from Death Note) turned into a hollow (from Bleach)? Or is that just me? Anime smile + sweatdrop I thought he looked pretty hot interesting though.

BrothersElric wrote:
I must say I am really liking the direction this series is starting to take. Can't really say anyone could have predicted some of these things. This series is getting VERY interesting.

I know, I was never expecting this especially with all those rumors that the manga will be finishing up soon (well, part II anyway). But now it looks like there's going to be a lot of new things going on. I was kind of expecting Sasuke to just go after Itachi (or something predictable), not go and make his own Akatsuki-style group. Completely unexpected, yet perfect.

Now all we need to follow up this great chapter is some Akatsuki. Please?
Anime Wench

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Chapter 347 is why I like Manga so much. You see the story the way it was intended. It makes me wonder if it will be in the Anime that way. Maybe in Japan, but it will get butchered by the U.S. if it makes it over here. Of course, I can't imagine that Shipuuden won't be licensed by somebody in the U.S. Probably Viz again. I already know I like it better than the first part.

Anyway, yes, the story continues to get more interesting. spoiler[It looks like Sasuke is starting his own organization. I would be willing to bet it isn't just Itachi that he goes after, but Akatsuki as well.]

Does anybody have any opinions on where the story is going to go regarding Naruto? spoiler[He isn't suppose to use that new jutsu anymore and that looks like the one shot he might have had at overtaking Sasuke. But then again, isn't Naruto's goal to bring Sasauke back? If he used a jutsu like that, wouldn't he be likely to kill him? That is, of course, providing Sasuke didn't kill him first.]
digitalkikka

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Anime Wench wrote:
Maybe in Japan, but it will get butchered by the U.S. if it makes it over here.

That's why you buy the uncut box sets. Very Happy

Quote:
Does anybody have any opinions on where the story is going to go regarding Naruto? spoiler[He isn't suppose to use that new jutsu anymore and that looks like the one shot he might have had at overtaking Sasuke. But then again, isn't Naruto's goal to bring Sasauke back? If he used a jutsu like that, wouldn't he be likely to kill him? That is, of course, providing Sasuke didn't kill him first.]

I'm not sure since there have been so many twists I wasn't expecting. Something in me wants to think Naruto will die, but I don't think he would ever stay dead (If Gaara didn't get killed off, I can't imagine that Naruto would). The news about his new jutsu (what's it called again?) was unexpected and has me curious about his future. Kishimoto's really good at keeping us guessing.
Neverwhere

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:07 pm Reply with quote
347 was the best chapter of ANYTHING I've read in ages. I can't believe they actually had a yaoi moment for Sakura! I never saw that one coming. The fangirls on my LJ communities are going insaaaane now. *laughs*
Plus it was overall a very exciting read, full of exposition without being tedious and just plain fun.

I'm torn about Akatsuki. On the one hand, the members are mysterious, powerful, and really know how to raise hell (yayyy). And on the other, their 'ultimate goal' has been revealed to be an utterly boring letdown, and I don't really care anymore. Maybe if we see more Itachi soon I'll be interested again.

Does anyone else think it's strange that Naruto is supposedly ridiculously powerful now (that new jutsu really is amazing), but still needs his kagebunshin to make the Rasengan? I would have thought that after two years of continous training he'd have been able to master it, but maybe they're saving that for the final chapters? Or something. Anime catgrin

Thanks again for this thread brotherselric : )
Anime Wench

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:04 am Reply with quote
Isn't that new move called Rasengan-Shuriken or something like that? Anyway, I have often thought the same thing. If he has the Chakra to do something that powerful, you would think he could produce the Rasengan on his own. Maybe he is just so used to doing it that way he has never tried to do it without the clone. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 79