Forum - View topic
Naruto Manga (for scanlation readers)


Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
kpk



Joined: 05 Apr 2009
Posts: 341

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:59 pm Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
And is it just me, or did they open it up forspoiler[ Orochimaru] to return as the main evil baddie after this Uchiha thing is over?


Just you.

I mean, what would be the point in that?

1) He's a Sasuke villain, not a Naruto villain.

2) In the big plot of things he's pretty meaningless.


By the way, Kishi is NOT a good storyteller.

Naruto doesn't seem to really give a damn that that man in front of him (Tobi) is the cause for his parents death and the ruin of his childhood. All he care about is Sasuke.

I mean, can you imagine if Harry Potter didn't care that Voldemort killed his parents and all he cared about was Malfoy?!

Or if Voldemort wasn't really the lord of darkness but instead turn out to be just some guy he never heard about from some flashback who cared only about a character's death we didn't really cared about?

Tobi should have been the main villain from the start of the series, and he should have been Madara, NOT Obito. And everyone should have known who Madara is, especially Naruto. And he should have only cared about Madara and NOT Sasuke.


Last edited by kpk on Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Smoke



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Posts: 83

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:21 pm Reply with quote
-Agreed..i feel like the writing got kind of lazy a long time ago. Some things are pretty clever like discovering obito's identity due to he and kakashi's sharingan or shikamaru's fight with hidan/kakuza. But others things not so much...naruto's sage/bijuu mode, techniques, behaviors, the list goes on.....

-The whole madara thing reminds me of in a comic when a villain falls to his death off a building, yet writers find a way to bring him back for another comic issue. It's like yeah this works for an on-going comic series where each comic has a different plot..but not a comic series that is trying to convey one main story. Its like we know madara is bad ass but he is dead. I'd rather the writer never have killed him off than have him revived. The whole bringing back old heroes and foes is corny (for lack of a better word).

-Which brings up the question on why Kabuto would even summon something/someone so powerful that they could possibly do more harm than good? Why was Senju not strong enough to break the tech?

-My opinion..kishi should've scrap the impure resurrection BS, toned down the whole sharingan and rinnigan thing, and make the characters behavior more believable.

- I know its a shounen manga but still. I'd prefer the manga be about Kakashi honestly..but thats another story.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guardsman Bass



Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Posts: 158

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:38 pm Reply with quote
So, it turns out that Fake-Madara is spoiler[Obito. Not even "some random malevolent dude possessing Obito", but "Obito himself". Really? Aside from the fact that I apparently owe some people from five years ago on Narutofan forums an apology for mocking the "Tobi = Obito" theory, that's just . .. I don't know.

The next bit with Madara better be amazing, otherwise this is going to get as annoying as when we found out Nagato's sob story. ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FlamingLight



Joined: 26 Apr 2012
Posts: 95

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:44 am Reply with quote
Woah woah woah...So not that long ago, Kishimoto stated the manga has another year and a half to go..now its entering its final conclusion? Yes, i'm aware only a small portion of time can take many chapters depending on how it's handled, but still, which is it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spotlesseden



Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 3003
Location: earth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:48 am Reply with quote
Guardsman Bass wrote:
So, it turns out that Fake-Madara is spoiler[Obito. Not even "some random malevolent dude possessing Obito", but "Obito himself". Really? Aside from the fact that I apparently owe some people from five years ago on Narutofan forums an apology for mocking the "Tobi = Obito" theory, that's just . .. I don't know.

The next bit with Madara better be amazing, otherwise this is going to get as annoying as when we found out Nagato's sob story. ]

those guys were right and you were wrong, so you will just have hold that lost.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
drdr48



Joined: 16 Mar 2009
Posts: 360

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:05 am Reply with quote
Smoke wrote:
-I'd prefer the manga be about Kakashi honestly..


Exactly! It doesn't even feel like Naruto is the main character anymore.

He doesn't know anything about anyone and he doesn't have any sort of connection with any of the main villains.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
drdr48



Joined: 16 Mar 2009
Posts: 360

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:08 am Reply with quote
FlamingLight wrote:
Woah woah woah...So not that long ago, Kishimoto stated the manga has another year and a half to go..now its entering its final conclusion? Yes, i'm aware only a small portion of time can take many chapters depending on how it's handled, but still, which is it?


There are 40 chapters in one year, 60 in a year and a half and 80 in two years.

So IT could make sense. Kishimoto love to drag things as much as possible as we all know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Smoke



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Posts: 83

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:41 pm Reply with quote
At this point..it seems only right to see the fourth hokage some how find his way from the dead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tenbyakugon



Joined: 11 Jan 2012
Posts: 620
Location: Ohio, United States of America

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:28 am Reply with quote
Looks like we're going to get the answers to our questions in the next chapter, but hmm... I wonder, should Madara still have been alive when Sarutobi was Hokage? Perhaps, not that it really matters because now my curiosity's piqued.

EDIT 09/20: And there we have the answer to most of our time-Madara-related questions: he sustains by absorbing the chakra of the Gedo statue.


Last edited by Tenbyakugon on Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
drdr48



Joined: 16 Mar 2009
Posts: 360

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:53 pm Reply with quote
LOL!


http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/​videolinks/​126-​read-​right-​to-​left/​5508-​naruto

So true!


I hate Sasuke too!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kpk



Joined: 05 Apr 2009
Posts: 341

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:51 pm Reply with quote
So Madara is basically "Father" from Fullmetal Alchemist...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
littlegreenwolf



Joined: 10 Aug 2002
Posts: 4621
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:43 pm Reply with quote
drdr48 wrote:
LOL!


http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/​videolinks/​126-​read-​right-​to-​left/​5508-​naruto

So true!


I hate Sasuke too!


I can't agree with the review too much because I absolutely ate up all things concerning Itachi's story. I do however agree with the main appeal being the Konoha kids. With this ninja war we just got fed more and more random ninjas from other villages, with little flashes of the original Rookie group. I just want them to go back to focusing on the little side stories of teams 9 and 8, and then Sakura. I really don't care about anyone from any other villages unless it involves the Sand Siblings. I just want more Konoha ninja interaction and teamwork, because really those characters were as appealing as Naruto got, and as a reader you're invested with them since you sort of watched them come of age.

Oh poor little Sakura. If only this manga was handled by a guy who knew how to treat their main characters right, you would actually get more than two pages a year. The fact that this is what one of the original three have been reduced to is just wrong, no matter how unpopular she originally was.

But currently in the manga...spoiler[ Tsunade. Shocked Come on Kishimoto, don't do away with her yet. I love that bitch, and I only have so many females to root on in this damn comic. But to be cut in half.... ick. Not looking good... though she's not all shrively old lady body yet...]

And I disagree with Orochimaru being just a "Sasuke villian". I really don't see no point in bringing the snake back to life, but to just shrug him off completely as being something that will just go away is denying the main antagonist of the first half of the manga ever existed. He was one of the original Sanin, his goal was to destroy the Leaf, and now he's back. Alive, and Sasuke see's him atm as no threat at all, so he's pretty much letting Orochimaru go off and do whatever. What was the point of bringing him back to begin with? What's to stop Kishimoto now from creating something that'll make Orochimaru a threat? Unless Orochimaru is going to get killed again by the end of the manga, the manga ending with Orochimaru out there is going to be a plot hole because he is a constant threat to the village. Sure he wasn't "Naruto's villain" but that's because when the story began, he wouldn't give Naruto the time of day because he was weak, and not really that interested in the fox. Naruto sure considers him a villain whether or not Orochimaru will give him the time of day. Sasuke let Kabuto run off, with only a bit of Orochimaru left in him, and what did the brat go and do? Only create a giant freaking ninja-zombie army with fight after fight that I wish would just end already. Orochimaru is just going to fade away into the background, becoming some recluse in the woods, and never be mentioned in the manga again?

Highly doubtful. This is a shonen manga, isn't it? Only a really crappy story teller would bring back a major villan of the story and let that happen. I don't think Kishimoto is a genius, but I don't think he's so bad that he, and his editors, would miss what they just did here.

I just don't buy Orochimaru's role in the story being done until he's permanently dead, yet Kishimoto keeps bringing him back. Unless he's dead by the end of this Ninja war, Kishimoto is putting something on the back burner concerning him. But only time will tell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tenbyakugon



Joined: 11 Jan 2012
Posts: 620
Location: Ohio, United States of America

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:20 pm Reply with quote
kpk wrote:
So Madara is basically "Father" from Fullmetal Alchemist...


How so? Simply because they were both hooked up to life support?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf



Joined: 10 Aug 2002
Posts: 4621
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:53 am Reply with quote
Tenbyakugon wrote:
kpk wrote:
So Madara is basically "Father" from Fullmetal Alchemist...


How so? Simply because they were both hooked up to life support?


With the first Hokage's involvement, I'm thinking it's more like a certain game of thrones spoiler. spoiler[Aka the people hooked to the Weir Wood tree roots and part of a symbiotic relationship. ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kpk



Joined: 05 Apr 2009
Posts: 341

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:58 am Reply with quote
Naruto's obsession with Sasuke is what bothers me.

I don't care about Sasuke anymore. In fact I [expletive] hate him.

He's insane and needs to die!


I don't want the final battle of the series to be Naruto vs Sasuke.

It would be like... if the final battle of the Harry Potter series would have been Harry vs Malfoy... can you even imagine it end like that?!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 76 of 79

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group