• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Former Cartoon Network VP Joins ADV

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:09 am Reply with quote
Wonder how well it work with an ex boss of a company that bastardized certain anime shifting a company has done the same but maybe not as severe (depending on the title, of course).
SSJ Gohan 64

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Ctimene's Lover wrote:
Wonder how well it work with an ex boss of a company that bastardized certain anime shifting a company has done the same but maybe not as severe (depending on the title, of course).

I fail to see how Cartoon Network "bastardized" certain anime.
icepick314

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:01 pm Reply with quote
i'm sure he meant editing...

few editing to make American TV standard isn't all that new....

and he isn't that the last guy who approved using blinking lights on bridges and buildings to advertise certain upcoming movie, right?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
mjgeo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:25 pm Reply with quote
We can only hope that with her connections to the various departments of CN, she could influence them to show more anime from ADV.

Keroro Gunso or Le Chevalier D'Eon, perhaps.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:51 pm Reply with quote
I did mean editing but said it harshly.
gary leeman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Good move by ADV.
Her experience in acquisitions will definitely benefit the company.
ferrarimanf355

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Is this the guy who resigned after the whole Boston Moonite Scare?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
naruto fan 09812

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:22 pm Reply with quote
ferrarimanf355 wrote:
Is this the guy who resigned after the whole Boston Moonite Scare?
No,because the guy that resign was Jim Staples and what gary leeman has said the person seems to be a women.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:16 pm Reply with quote
mjgeo wrote:
We can only hope that with her connections to the various departments of CN, she could influence them to show more anime from ADV.

Keroro Gunso or Le Chevalier D'Eon, perhaps.

I imagine ADV, for the most part want to keep those sorts of things for The Anime Network which, in itself, is another issue entirely.

However, given your location, CN go through Madman for Anime, and have show a few ADV titles (orphen, Evangelion, Gasaraki, etc) before so it's not entirely impossible, over the next few years (but then again, maybe not!)
Malintex Terek

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:49 pm Reply with quote
mjgeo wrote:

My thoughts exactly, though I would say it's not her connections but insider knowledge of CN's selection process that would benefit ADV. Frankly, I'm willing to welcome any company that uproots VIZ Media and Bandai's hold on [adult swim] and Toonami's broadcasts.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:46 am Reply with quote
Malintex Terek wrote:
mjgeo wrote:

My thoughts exactly, though I would say it's not her connections but insider knowledge of CN's selection process that would benefit ADV. Frankly, I'm willing to welcome any company that uproots VIZ Media and Bandai's hold on [adult swim] and Toonami's broadcasts.

I would just like something new and different on [as]. They need to get rid of Kim Manning!

Steventheeunuch wrote
Quote:
I imagine ADV, for the most part want to keep those sorts of things for The Anime Network which, in itself, is another issue entirely.

Well, couldn't they play it on [as] after it's been played on TAN. Because not everyone gets TAN. I certainly don't.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:00 am Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:

Well, couldn't they play it on [as] after it's been played on TAN. Because not everyone gets TAN. I certainly don't.

Got to look at it from their thinking- if they play it on AS< what's to assure them of a returning audience to TAN titles?
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:16 am Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
LydiaDianne wrote:

Got to look at it from their thinking- if they play it on AS< what's to assure them of a returning audience to TAN titles?

True...I didn't think about that...but then again, they could advertise TAN titles during the [as] broadcast.
Malintex Terek

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:33 am Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:

I would just like something new and different on [as]. They need to get rid of Kim Manning!

Frankly, I do not really understand all the hate Ms. Manning is getting; if she's as effective a fanservice screen as I've been told, I'd say she's well needed there. The last thing the world needs is [adult swim]'s anime audience 'fapping' to Kiddy Grade (sorry, FUNimation).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1