• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Tales of Bioboosting

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
indrik

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
It is a great series so far but the incredibly slow release rate is killing my excitement for it. It seems the standard 2 month waits aren't so standard anymore, you have a show like Noein with 3 month gaps schedules so far and then a show like Solty Rei which is so far schedule with only 1 month gaps.

I've wondered about this recently, with shows like Noein and Hellsing Ultimate coming out with longer than average breaks between volumes. I think Hellsing has a certain rabid fanbase that will jump on the dvds as long as they're coming out, but with something like Noein or Karas (what is it, about a year between volumes of that?) I wondered if casual buyers forget about them by the time the next volume's out. I wondered this back when they released Yukikaze at more or less the Japanese release schedule. But since nobody seems to be willing to talk about sales figures, I wonder too if we'll ever know if there's an effect.
ghostku

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:50 am Reply with quote
LOL, you should upgrade to a Wii man, only $250 and it's worth it. Nice collection too, I'm omre into manga though. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3