• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Super Plastic - School Rumble Eri Sawachika Preview

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redcomet15

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:51 am Reply with quote
You managed to snag my interest with this week's review. I've a penchant for blonde demure anime girls, and even though I know next to nothing of School Rumble or Eri Sawachika, this figure is one that I can definitely see residing on my shelf. I'm also pleased to read that the manufacturer is none other than the wonderful Good Smile Company; I go to GSC for my anime figure needs more than any other company, as the quality of their work has yet to let me down.
Thanks for pointing me in the direction of this figure; I look forward to getting hold of it when it's released!
Faceman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:22 am Reply with quote
If you haven't read or seen School Rumble, I highly advise you do. I can't wait for it to be released in the states on DVD, and I'm glad the manga is already available.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:39 am Reply with quote
I'd like to see if they can come out with a figure for either Yakumo or Ichijo, but this one gets my attention too. If you're willing to take good care of it, I'd say it's worth checking it out.

Quote:
For more on Parodius, pick up the import Parodius Collection for the PSP

That is probably the biggest breakthrough tip I've had ever. I am so going to look for this game now. A classic favorite of mine, and highly addicting. THANK YOU THAKN YOU THANK YOU Very Happy
Jubet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:49 am Reply with quote
Every week the style of post improves dramatically, this week especially. New features and formating really add to the depth of post. And as someone who isn't into collecting that much, it is informative on what to look for and the such if I ever do decide to start collecting. Smile The news on figures was a great touch, I thought, though maybe a few more pictures of the figure or less detailed reviews of more figures would be interesting to compare.
Asako

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:42 am Reply with quote
OMG you brought back so many memories for me with that Parodius.. and the picture of the dancing panda in the tutu!!!

I used to play that game so many times!! I was never good at it but everything that turned up on the screen was just utterly hilarious! I loved to play the bunny girls on the rockets Smile (I'm not lesbian, I was just into rabbits at the time!)
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:48 am Reply with quote
Pretty nice review n__n. II may dislike blond people, but I liked the model n_n.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Ah, now this is a much nicer format. I'm not so sure such a lengthy review is really needed for a statue, maybe it would be better to do two shorter reviews than the one long review (perhaps one figure and one statue?). I can already tell Unreasonable Demands is going to be a new favorite read for me here. And the weekly schedule is going to make everything better.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
And the weekly schedule is going to make everything better.

Emerje

..when did we announce a weekly schedule for Super Plastic?

Right now it runs on Tuesdays opposite Right Turn Only. There are no plans to take it weekly as of now.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:02 am Reply with quote
My mistake then. In the article he wrote "each week" and "every week", I guess I took it too literally.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NegativeZero

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:55 am Reply with quote
redcomet15 wrote:
I go to GSC for my anime figure needs more than any other company, as the quality of their work has yet to let me down.

I'm going to second this, GSC's products are usually extremely good. The only other manufacturer I buy more figures from regularly are their partners in crime, Alter, who I've found to be slightly better in terms of build quality and more consistent in the quality of their overall sculpting. Admittedly there's some personal bias in that assessment though - after getting their incredible Fate Testarossa figure I'd happily recommend them to anyone. (Note: linking to the info on GSC's webpage because GSC and Alter are partners, and Alter's site sucks)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:04 pm Reply with quote
I always buy those box prize toys at the Japanese supermarket. I'm a big fan of those minature foods by Re-Ment. However, I wish they had capsule toys. I went crazy in japan over those and spend so many 100 yen coins on them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1