• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - March 17th - March 23rd

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kolibri

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
Unfortunately, yes, it looks like reruns start this coming Friday. Since it's been well-established in the past that breaking a series up halfway through its run is NEVER a good idea, I suggest anyone who wants new E7 episodes to contact YTV about this and get them to continue running new episodes ASAP.

I did and I got this very unhelpful cut-and-paste email from them this morning:

Quote:
Hi there,

Here's more information on program choices, schedule change & episode requests, shows not airing in chronological order, YTV's broadcast day and how to view your time zone on our website:

Program Choices

YTV offers a wide variety of programs that appeals to many different audiences. As Canada's leading youth network, YTV is seen in over 8.2 million Canadian households and is aimed at viewers aged 2 - 17 and their families. With such a diverse audience, we make every effort to provide a varied schedule at the appropriate viewing times. We hope you can understand that it is not uncommon for television networks to move some programs to another day or time, introduce new shows, or temporarily remove programs.

Schedule Changes & Episode Requests

At this time, we are unable to accommodate your request. YTV has many shows to fit into our schedule and only so many programming hours to do this. Although we do try to make all of our viewers happy, as a national network it can be quite a challenging task. However, be assured that we have forwarded your suggestion to our Programming Department for future consideration.

Our Programming Department puts a lot of effort into planning our schedule weeks in advance, and we generally air episodes of our shows in chronological order. So, we aren't able to accommodate requests to play specific episodes when they aren't on our up-coming schedule.

If you're looking for repeats dates for a particular episode, the quickest way to get YTV schedule information is to check out the schedule page of our website http://www.ytv.com/programming/schedule/. If you click on your show's title off of the schedule grid, a pop-up box stating the episode's number, title, and some plot details should appear to give you the heads-up about what to expect!

New Episodes

We've aired all the episodes that we have for the show(s) you've mentioned, and we currently do not have any information about new episodes. Generally, television networks make their schedule changes at times that coincide with the change in the seasons. We have Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer schedules and make the most major changes in September, January, March, and June/July. When it's the end of a programming season, it is not uncommon for a series to go into repeats until the beginning of the next season.

Non Chronological Order

At YTV, we like to air our programs in chronological order as much as our viewers like to see them that way. However, there are a number of factors which can affect our scheduling order, such as previous special days of back-to-back events, or the number of plays per episode that each contract specifies. That means, once a show has gone into repeats, our Programming Department does not always schedule the episodes chronologically.

Broadcast Day

On YTV's website, our shows are listed according to what is called the broadcast day. What that means is that one day's listings encompass 6:00am the morning of that day to 5:30am the morning of the next day. For example, if you are looking at the listings for Monday, shows that are airing up until 5:30am on Tuesday morning will be listed in Monday's 11pm-6am schedule slot. This is the reason that shows that air on Tuesday would be listed still on Monday's schedule.

To view the schedule and pull up the listing for your time zone, go to the YTV schedule page http://www.ytv.com/programming/schedule/ and locate "My Timzone" which is underneath the date. Click on the timezone you're located in to view the schedule.

Additional YTV show information can be found on our website http://www.ytv.com/programming/shows/. Also, for up-to-date schedule information check out http://www.ytv.com/programming/schedule/. Please remember that all schedules are subject to change without notice.

Thanks for watching!

YTV Viewer Relations Department

Gee. I feel so special. So earliest we can expect them to go back is June Shocked.
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:54 pm Reply with quote
It was also just brought to my attention that, not only did YTV cut the next episode preview, they also cut out the "To Be Continued" at the end of 26.

This isn't a good sign. Can anyone get confirmation on how many episodes of E7 YTV has the rights to?
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Fiction Alchemist wrote:
They're too busy showing commercials for Robot Chicken (funny show, but already well known and popular) and Aqua Teen Hunger Force (which is already really popular. I hate it too, but that's besides the point).

Well, they have to keep showing commercials for Robot Chicken on the off-chance they ever decide to actually resume the second season. (The ATHF hating part of the quote was only left in because it truely is a stupid show.)

Fiction Alchemist wrote:
This week on "HYPER EXCELLENT BY-CYCLE RACING TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONSHIP GO ANIMATION PRODUCT," there are bikes and races, that I honestly hope none of you are actually watching.

What? Is CN (or anyone outside of possibly uTube) actually still airing that? I'll watch the 5AM shows, but 6 & 6:30? pshaw.

As to the Naruto fillers, it has been a few months since their last marathon ....

Last (and least,) not to step of FZ's toes, but the Forest of Pain ended last week. This week was about the "lovable business man of TAN" character that nobody who would actually watch 5AM shows would ever like or identify with (except possibly those of us who record it to watch at a reasonable hour ... like 2AM)
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Well, I contacted Bandai and not even they seem to know what's going on with E7. I suppose if we want to find out, people will just have to keep bombarding YTV with e-mails about it until they bother to write a direct response on the subject, or at least let us know how many episodes they hold the rights to.

This really disappoints me since YTV's Human Resources used to be so great. Oh well, their e-mail is [email protected], if you need it.
kolibri

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
Well, I contacted Bandai and not even they seem to know what's going on with E7. I suppose if we want to find out, people will just have to keep bombarding YTV with e-mails about it until they bother to write a direct response on the subject, or at least let us know how many episodes they hold the rights to.

This really disappoints me since YTV's Human Resources used to be so great. Oh well, their e-mail is [email protected], if you need it.

Disappointing, indeed - thanks for keeping us up-to-date.

So please people, get emailing. Just remember to be polite, start with something nice like how much you've enjoyed the series, show disappointment rather than anger, and sign with your real name and location. Blatant spamming and hate-mail will not achieve anything.
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:16 am Reply with quote
kolibri wrote:
Pepperidge wrote:

Disappointing, indeed - thanks for keeping us up-to-date.

So please people, get emailing. Just remember to be polite, start with something nice like how much you've enjoyed the series, show disappointment rather than anger, and sign with your real name and location. Blatant spamming and hate-mail will not achieve anything.

Contacting YTV sounds very awesome, especially since they seem to treat their anime viewers with something more than contempt, unlike their United States counterpart.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, their HR isn't great, but the people in their programming department do seem to address whatever issues they can when they get the message. I just really, really hope that they wouldn't do something as malicious as trashing E7 halfway through its run.

I mean, regardless of the ludicrous circumstances under which it was canceled, I can kind of understand with what happened to Case Closed since the initial 26 episodes were only a trial run for a 500+ episode series. But I really hope that YTV realizes that either dumping a 50 episode series or delaying new premieres for a ridiculously long time just isn't a good idea. I mean, look at Gundam SEED - it was only a modest performer on the Bionix block until after the halfway point, when the ratings apparently became more consistently solid. I don't see why E7 shouldn't get the same chance.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2