• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-action Lupin in production...in the Philippines

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xevy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:42 am Reply with quote
The idea horrifies me. The aspect of GMA New Network actually making Lupin a live-action scares me.

If I remember right, QTV (GMA) aired DNAngel before I saw it on Hero (ABS) and the turned Krad into Light. I don't wanna start a debate, but looking at the people who are producing this live-action series is agitating. I don't like the idea at all. I don't even watch Filipino-translated animes. My tutor works for ABS and she says the yranslators for Hero just rip their translations off fansubs. (explains why the first airing of Yakitate!! Japan got looped the same the fansubs were pending for release during the last 10+ episodes) Same goes GMA, the Gokusen Live-Action translation was ripped off my friend who sold DVDs of the series.

All in all, both companies have no rights to their anime or dramas, be it Japanase, Taiwanese, or Korean. Because Philippine broadcast stations never GET RIGHTS TO AIR from the parent countries. (I'm pretty sure of this because my aunt works for GMA, they never get legit copyrights.)

All in all, I don't wanna see this production go through. What does GMA know about the French culture? Much less labeling Pro-Japanese Filipinos as prostitues. -_- (I'm not saying all, but if you love Korean Live-Dramas, you're cool. You like Japanese Live-Dramas, you're weird. Go figure the racism and stupidity of that.)
Help_me_Im_a_n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:01 am Reply with quote
Xevy wrote:
Same goes GMA, the Gokusen Live-Action translation was ripped off my friend who sold DVDs of the series.

Better tell your friend that it's also wrong for him to get compensated for others hard work (namely, the hard work of fansub translators). I only know of one place that sells legit DVDs, and they carry R1.

Quote:

Because Philippine broadcast stations never GET RIGHTS TO AIR from the parent countries. (I'm pretty sure of this because my aunt works for GMA, they never get legit copyrights.)

I'm pretty sure they get some sort of 'Developing Nation' license, which is pretty much a cheap license from Japan's international licensors that are offered to SE asia / africa / middle-east, etc, which specify
*broadcast only
*dubbed only
*freedom to cut / edit / bastardize as they please

To actually have video distribution, they need more funds (such as was the case with Ragnarok the Animation, they had to pull in the licensor for the game for that one)
paulo88ayanami

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:00 am Reply with quote
it's just being the number ! TV show in Philippines doing there best for everything is like they not spoiling us but they letting us to see one of the kind no one tell us that we watch this because it's made form this channel but for dubbing's i like the dubs from GMA not because the first one who shows us the first anime but because of the quality and the exact things from what they are saying from watching the Japanese with dub and watch the shows in the GMA getting the real rhythm and timing you know what im saying, is like not just show it at all but putting more efforts not just translating it...
basta iba parin pag Kapuso ka...
iba na pag nauna na, at gaya-gaya naman sila na di man lang nila matapatan, trying to challenge animax they just showing the anime had been showed from before and from AXN and Animax is like a big copycat do not know how to do is like the ABS-CBN just want to have some rating to show it, put some effort's to it... [/spoiler]
trinity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:34 pm Reply with quote
This will definitely suck like most things GMA does/remakes. Heck generally I dont watch anime that's been dubbed in Filipino. I find the VA too OA (Over acting)
Proman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:27 pm Reply with quote
The link doesn't work for me. I have a felling tat this will probably not respect continuity a whole lot and, thus, will suck.

What we need is a well produced live action movie and another animated series.
namelissis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Xevy wrote:

All in all, I don't wanna see this production go through. What does GMA know about the French culture? Much less labeling Pro-Japanese Filipinos as prostitues. -_- (I'm not saying all, but if you love Korean Live-Dramas, you're cool. You like Japanese Live-Dramas, you're weird. Go figure the racism and stupidity of that.)

I know what you mean. Filipino's are so into Korean drama, which in my point of perspectiv e has all the same storyline. Yet they are adored by many people. Like today, Princess Hours, do you see how many Yoon Eun Hye wanna be popped out in friendster? And to say, they don't know Yoon Eun hye from the start...

But if you're watching Gokusen, they say "I don't watch Japan drama, I watch Korean...", WTF...

To paulo88ayanami:

Animax is from AXN, duh? So don't wonder why the anime's shown in AXN are being shown in Animax... And Animax isn't a copycat, I find Animax introducing anime that's new and isn't too overrated. They give chance to neglected yet a beautiful series of anime! Examples: Black Cat, Black Jack, Galaxy Railways, Kino's Journey, Princess Tutu, Magikano, Solty Rei.... Is that what you call copycat?

Hello, GMA only release popular anime so they can have high rating! They have the guts to show Deathnote and Bleach? Too overrated = people knows it and intimidated to watch it! And BTW, I don't think many will watch those two. Why? Because many persons has torrent or bought the copy of the anime?
pat_payne

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Xevy wrote:
(I'm not saying all, but if you love Korean Live-Dramas, you're cool. You like Japanese Live-Dramas, you're weird. Go figure the racism and stupidity of that.)

While I don't condone the sentiment, I can understand it, inasfar as The Philippines was occupied by Japan during WW2 and not Korea. I'm assuming that those passions still run high as threy do in CHina and Korea.
boogiecat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:54 am Reply with quote
Enough of this i hate tagalog dubbed animes or that im a Kapuso or Kapamilya fan(don't even dare talk about that crap Animax here...).

Anyway GMA 7 will do whatever they like anyway this Lupin thing of them is aimed at Richard Guitierrez fans( "Andrei Lupin") and also aimed at people who loves too much sexy but unpopular girls...Yeah there are some elements here borrowed from the Lupin anime and French novel which is confirmed by one of the writers in the liveaction series(they're hyping on this one since last year...) and they're not denying it.

Oh that press release is just to tease or convince the viewers just to watch that thing,this one is directed by the same guy involved in the super flop(low rating) Atlantika(the short-lived soap in the Philippines) so expect Lupin will suffer the same fate in the long run(hey it happened also in Super Twins and Asian Treasures...) Laughing
Xevy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:44 am Reply with quote
Even with the WW2 occupation, I don't think Filipinos are not that grudgeful. (Tell me if I'm wrong.) But simply media plays too much a mind game to most Filipinos. They'd vote an actor for a position in the government, no matter how little education the actor's got. (I'm not talking about Erap Estrada here, as far as I'm concerned.)

I don't know what will happen to this Lupin thing, far as I know they'd call him from the Tagalog pronn\ounciation of "Lu-peen" not the French phonetic "Lu-pan."

'Nuff said for the media ignorance.

(BTW, Animax maybe an excellent channel to get anime titles that are good such as Black Cat, Jigoku Shoujo and the neglected but wonderful animes, they ripped the Philippines off by not offerring us the dual sound system they did to Singapore. They just click something on the remote and poof, back to subs and original seiyuu. Not their shitty amateur dubs made by their own people. Come on, only like FIVE effin' people do the dubbing. They sound like crap too.)
paulo88ayanami

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:47 am Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
it's depends on the people who will watch it after all we have our own ideas and very own suggestions to all the things happening in this our poor country you know what i mean, is like they just copying everything for the K-drama or Korean drama it all starts in ABC 5, in J-drama Japanese drama all starts in GMA 7 they just want to prove everything like ABS-CBN is like competition is like what the hell are we doing in this things we just becoming or involve in there fights or competitions is like "kung gusto mo panoorin panoorin mo kung ayaw mo wag, dahilo wala naman pumipilit sayo di ba!!!" is like we are not been forced in all the things the AXN and there sister company Animax is the best things we have watching a cable is one of the fun but putting it all in English dub makes me sick a little bit and that's why there is a torrent and mIRC to get them all is like if you are rich enough just use the Usenet one of the direct downloads if you do not want to share your bandwidth to others but sharing is the best things after all, is like they just putting my nerves on that ABS-CBN and GMA is like all over again and again but the Original is the best but if you do not like to watch in this channels i recommend to download it at all watching it in the real language to feel the ambiance the punchlines the reactions by delivering the characters real feeling not just translating it into our language and there here it goes is like the seryus of the hero TV makes me sick knowing the dubber of Uchiha Itachi is like a gay at all, ahahaha getting the animes has been show to the another rival program what the is that really good idea, do you know that princess sarah is one of the first anime that been show form ABS-CBN and the Voltes 5 is from the GMA is like not a good idea but thing s getting worse but always think we are not part of there competition we are just an audience just enjoy watching and keep

to namelissis
i just put some suggestions to the things i see in our everyday life and we all know that we are just watching the anime if you like this or that it is the decisions around but we must not involve in the things that they are doing dubbing there and there what the is like a nature of nothing is original and all is fraud around pretending to be a great one's and GOD Bless You

to all filipino anime addicts and to all
nasa inyo na kung manonood kayo nyan ang alam ko hindi magandang lalake si Lupin mas preferred ko pa si pekto ang bida nila para mukhang unggoy nga Laughing Laughing kung si detective dapat si jose man lang ahahahah Laughing Laughing para nakakagana ang palabas but one of the things i heared they change the story but i think i'll pass for watching that is like Gokusen na nga lang mas maganada pa yung live action
namelissis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Let's stop the quarreling about being a Kapamilya or a Kapuso...

People don't know what are we talking about here since not all of them are living in the Philippines...

And sorry if I stepped on someone's opinions here... So let's stop this petty crap...

also, to paulo88, please translate the Tagalog you're saying cause you're breaking rule no. 2... I'm not being a crab mentalitated person but it's rule here and we have to go with it...

Gosh we're Filipino's here and we should be cooperating with one another...

the real deal here is about bringing anime's to life... that's the purpose of this thread... I really don't know why they plan on making these... Maybe, they need a new idea to put on air... Since here in the Philippines, fantasy series and Korean drama and love stories are what dominate the primetime of the battling channels here... since i think they've noticed that people are somewhat fed-up with those I think they thought why not make a primetime series that is based on an anime or novel, so to be new... as far as I'm concerned this is still the feasible reason that I can come up with
angelus_0102001

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:57 pm Reply with quote
THATS RIGHT, IM A FILIPINO. I ALSO LIKE ALL FILIPINO CHANNELS. NO OTHER CHANNEL IS GREATEST. THEY ARE ALL GREAT. NO MORE NO LESS. IF THIS HAPPENS, ALL FILIPINO CHANNELS WILL BE DEGRADED. AND ALSO THE COUNTRY ITSELF. . . ALL IS IMPORTANT.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:23 am Reply with quote
Xevy:
Quote:
They'd vote an actor for a position in the government, no matter how little education the actor's got.

*cough* Ronald Reagan *cough*
namelissis

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:31 am Reply with quote
angelus_0102001 wrote:
THATS RIGHT, IM A FILIPINO. I ALSO LIKE ALL FILIPINO CHANNELS. NO OTHER CHANNEL IS GREATEST. THEY ARE ALL GREAT. NO MORE NO LESS. IF THIS HAPPENS, ALL FILIPINO CHANNELS WILL BE DEGRADED. AND ALSO THE COUNTRY ITSELF. . . ALL IS IMPORTANT.

Hehehe, I agree with you... We Filipinos here should raise the quality of our country's creation... So instead of putting down the efforts of our fellow Filipino, we should support... GOSH, I realize that what we are quarreling here makes us and our country more Stupider! All I can say is, though I know the dubbing system here is really crappy, at least say you're proud that Philippines has a 2 18 hrs running anime channel which is Hero and an all day 24/7 anime channel called Animax... I know we Filipinos support subs, but can't you see we're lucky enough not to buy excessive anime dvd because of these 2 channels... I mean, americans or other non-southeast asian countries has only Cartoon Network's Toonami and Adult Swim to watch their anime peeves? That's why let's stop nagging on these issue okay? Go PHILIPPINES!!!
WTFpz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:07 am Reply with quote
the idea sucks... its gonna be a crap... i would have agree if Teddy(Vocalist of Rocksteddy) will play Lupin III... but its the other way around...

hayyy........ sisirain na nman ng GMA ang Lupin III...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5