• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Boston Announces More Guests

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hikura

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:11 pm Reply with quote
When i say this it is not meant to be mean or anything BUT in my book it is about time they got some good guests.I am not saying they bad guests but just not guest i was really looking forward to meeting.Last years guests they had was only so so.They had one really good american voice actor and the japanese guests were meh.With this last set of guests they just announced it makes this animeboston look reasonable good and worth the expenditure of money to go to the con.
I will state this is my opnion not meant to be fact.It is ok if you disagree with me but do not take it as facutal information.
Full_Metal1923

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:37 pm Reply with quote
So many Fullmetal Alchemist voice actors will be there.

Greg Ayres - Bido - Fullmetal Alchemist
Laura Bailey - Lust - Fullmetal Alchemist
Troy Baker - Frank Archer - Fullmetal Alchemist
Colleen Clinkenbeard - Rose Thomas & Riza Hawkeye - Fullmetal Alchemist
Travis Willingham - Roy Mustang - Fullmetal Alchemist
Christopher Bevins - Fullmetal Alchemist (was essentially a voice filler throughout the series)
Luci Christian - Clara/Psiren & Wrath - Fullmetal Alchemist
Mike McFarland - Jean Havoc & Envy's original human form - Fullmetal Alchemist
Mike Sinterniklaas - Leo - Fullmetal Alchemist
Brina Palencia - Nina Tucker - Fullmetal Alchemist

^ I think that's all of them, not to mention they do have a great deal of work in many other anime as well. I wish I could go.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Eh, color me pretty much unimpressed by the guests they have this year.

They got a guy who was a screenwriter on Berserk.. and.. not much else.

Oh and the voice of Dean Venture.. who also was a voice director on Berserk.

Actually, looking over the Japanese guest list... do most anime fans going to the con even know about half the stuff these guys did? Most of the stuff they've worked on is older and most fans just latch on to the newer stuff. Not that it's a good thing, it just seems that way. Rather sad that older shows get ignored for whatever the flavor of the month new show is.
God Gundam

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Are you kidding? Last year's guest list was awesome! Steve Blum, Vic Mignogna, Richard Epcar - it was awesome! As for the Japanese guests, I could care less about some random screenwriter and I've never even heard of this new VA they've got (probably played Girl with Puppy in FMA or something).
hikura

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:43 pm Reply with quote
The Xenos wrote:
Actually, looking over the Japanese guest list... do most anime fans going to the con even know about half the stuff these guys did? Most of the stuff they've worked on is older and most fans just latch on to the newer stuff. Not that it's a good thing, it just seems that way. Rather sad that older shows get ignored for whatever the flavor of the month new show is.

Acutally i was not impressed with the guest list until they announced the last set of japanese guests.I am fan of the older material hence why i acutally happy on who they got.Not overjoyed but happy.It will be an enjoyable time.
I have say that i am in agreeance with you on your comment.While american voice actors are good we need more of the orginial creators and (in my opnion) musical acts.Fanime constantly proves that it can be done properly and fanime isn't much larger then animeboston.
dokool

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:01 pm Reply with quote
hikura wrote:
The Xenos wrote:

Acutally i was not impressed with the guest list until they announced the last set of japanese guests.I am fan of the older material hence why i acutally happy on who they got.Not overjoyed but happy.It will be an enjoyable time.
I have say that i am in agreeance with you on your comment.While american voice actors are good we need more of the orginial creators and (in my opnion) musical acts.Fanime constantly proves that it can be done properly and fanime isn't much larger then animeboston.

IMHO, by doing this, AB satisfies the tweener anime fans w/ all of the american VAs, and the mature anime fans w/ the Japanese guests who have worked on older series. I personally find it sad that the same younger fans who will be squeeing over Greg Ayres again will ignore the guy who penned some of the original Final Fantasy stories, but what can you do.

I too wish they'd gotten a musical guest this year, and according to their radio show whatever plan they had didn't work out, which always sucks (moreso that we'll never know what that plan might have been).

Also, FAnime is located in California, and any con on the West Coast is going to have an easier time getting Japanese guests. There's been talk of adding a Narita<->Boston flight in the future because of Matsuzaka's popularity, and as a GR staffer on AB's forums has mentioned, that would make it a lot easier for AB to secure J-Guests in the future.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
The Xenos

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Ha. I hadn't thought Daisuke mania would help out Anime Boston.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1