• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Voice Actress Aya Hirano: Name My Fan Club on Twitter

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kohii

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:54 pm Reply with quote
There should be some interesting submissions.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:06 pm Reply with quote
I hope ANN isn't going to get too obsessed with Aya Hirano. She already has her devoted stalker in Artefact over at Sankaku.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only person to not really be all for this Aya Hirano hype? Ever since she rose to prominence a few years back, her fans have gotten increasingly more annoying. She takes in every type of attention given to her, good or bad, and uses it to spin her whole life into some drama-fest. I mean, seriously, most voice actresses don't have this much attention paid to them in their entire LIVES, let alone within a few years.

Personally, I find her decorum to be rather distasteful, and her talent to be incredibly limited. By no means is she the next Yo Inoue or Masako Nozawa. I mean, as a teenager, am I obligated to worship this V.A. who treats herself like the Queen of England? Am I alone in thinking the anime industry doesn't need an attention-hungry person with the maturity of a 14 year-old stealing the spotlight from other, significantly more talented actors and actresses?

I'm not saying she's UNtalented. But she's not worth cramming down every anime fan's throat.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
Am I the only person to not really be all for this Aya Hirano hype?

Yes.

But seriously, she's my favorite voice actress ever. I can't think of any other woman who could play both sides to Ekaterina "Katja" Kurae. I'm not really a fan of Inoue or Nozawa. Hirano show a lot more range in her one role as Katja (thanks to her split personality of alternating between 'sweetest little girl you've ever met' and 'sadistic domineering lesbian dominatrix'), but to be fair I've only heard a few of Inoue's roles.
Yamato-san

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:54 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL, I think you're making too big a deal out of her role as Katja, personally. So she's a two-faced loli, big whoop. I'm pretty sure more than a few of those exist throughout other anime. You want impressive? Kouichi Yamadera is the Japanese voice of Spike Spiegel and MEW! And that's only off the top of my head.

I'm with Apollo-kun. I don't hate her work, but it's not the greatest, and she's really been a bit of an attention whore lately despite that. While I won't deny she had a slight bit of experience under her belt beforehand, the main reason she was EVER so popular was because she was lucky enough to be cast as Haruhi, a character with a pre-established light novel fanbase and whom would be granted the fortune of having KyoAni and Kadokawa market the hell out of her (plus, she's a tsundere, an over-rated character archetype if I ever saw one). A lot of people might say that Aya's the one who brought Haruhi to life, but that's not the case (it's the other way around, if anything, with Aya's successes being owed almost solely to that one role). Anyone could've been cast as her and the series would've most likely ended up a success anyway.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Yamato-san wrote:
So she's a two-faced loli, big whoop. I'm pretty sure more than a few of those exist throughout other anime.

I'd love to hear some names.

All the hate and bile for Aya Hirano is amusing, though. I look forward to more articles about her.
inu-liger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
I hope ANN isn't going to get too obsessed with Aya Hirano. She already has her devoted stalker in Artefact over at Sankaku.

That guy is one of the most obsessive biased pricks I have ever seen online. I have no respect for him honestly, after realizing a long time ago that he's only interested in trying to do as much damage to Aya's reputation Stateside as he can through his selective biased reporting.
noriko-takaya

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:03 pm Reply with quote
How about "I am Easy"... Oops!
Dimlos

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
Am I the only person to not really be all for this Aya Hirano hype?
No.
The Count

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:51 pm Reply with quote
noriko-takaya wrote:
Not bad but I think it should be more like "Ay-am Easy"

Joking around aside I have to completely agree with Apollo-kun on this one. I don't get where the fan support comes from and I kind wish that she would just go away now.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
Am I the only person to not really be all for this Aya Hirano hype? Ever since she rose to prominence a few years back, her fans have gotten increasingly more annoying. She takes in every type of attention given to her, good or bad, and uses it to spin her whole life into some drama-fest. I mean, seriously, most voice actresses don't have this much attention paid to them in their entire LIVES, let alone within a few years.

Are ya kidding?! Her drama is playing like a Britney Spears soap opera over here! People can't get enough of it! Laughing

The Count wrote:
noriko-takaya wrote:

Not bad but I think it should be more like "Ay-am Easy"

AyayAy!!!
Berserkenstein

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:50 pm Reply with quote

I'd name her fan club "Forehead Freaks" based on this picture. Laughing
loka

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Yamato-san wrote:
Anyone could've been cast as her and the series would've most likely ended up a success anyway.

She can sing. When the source calls for it, I very much appreciate actual talent in that area. There are many, but the last one to fail at that was Fractale.
scineram

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:04 am Reply with quote
Sex OS Dan?

Yes, I love her too.
Letthemeatraep

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:49 pm Reply with quote
I don't get why this girl attracts so much hatred sometimes. I usually enjoy her work and honestly couldn't imagine anyone else doing a better Haruhi.

If she wants to screw around and take as many opportunities to get a bit of publicity as she can then good for her I say.

Then again, I live in the UK, so the likes of Katie Price has set an unassaillably high bar for the kind of behaviour Hirano seems to get slammed for.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2