• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
one piece episodes #

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vtien01

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:41 am Reply with quote
i read on www.animenewsnetwork.com that there is only 305 episodes of one piece? hmmm because i'm on 302 and yeh it shouldn't be done because they haven't found the Gold D. Roger's treasure and Luffy hasn't become One Piece King yet so i don't know can anyone give me an estimate of how many eps they really are? thanks payce
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:28 am Reply with quote
The episode ammount on ANN is based on the most recent figure that the episodes are at/currently planned to be which can change at any point. One Piece has no foreseeable end in sight though it's been whispered that it's roughly half done. Assume there are another three hundred episodes, but its still being animated (so it'll be done in about 6-7 years, at guesstimate)
highteckdudu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:33 am Reply with quote
And the Onepieace series is not done yet. It is still on going. andi i haven't even seen that many episodes yet!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Amethyst Alchemist
Former ANN Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:04 pm Reply with quote
How many episodes?--TOO MANY. It's got to be one of the longest shows ever (especially if it's half done). It just kills a show to have so many episodes. They end up going on too many random tangents like Inuyasha. One Piece showed some promise in the very beginning, but with this many episodes . . . well, enough already! No offense to those of you who like the show of course. I suppose it must be nice to be able to watch a show you love for such a long time.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Amethyst Alchemist wrote:
How many episodes?--TOO MANY. It's got to be one of the longest shows ever (especially if it's half done). It just kills a show to have so many episodes. They end up going on too many random tangents like Inuyasha. One Piece showed some promise in the very beginning, but with this many episodes . . . well, enough already! No offense to those of you who like the show of course. I suppose it must be nice to be able to watch a show you love for such a long time.

I would have tried to argure back to you, but then that's your opinion, and I really haven't watched the show in a while, so I'm just going to leave it. The show's good, and I think as long as the manga is going strong the show will continue as well.

vtien01 wrote:
i read on www.animenewsnetwork.com that there is only 305 episodes of one piece? hmmm because i'm on 302 and yeh it shouldn't be done because they haven't found the Gold D. Roger's treasure and Luffy hasn't become One Piece King yet so i don't know can anyone give me an estimate of how many eps they really are? thanks payce

The number of episodes is whatever ANN knows is the current amount. The only way to truly know when there will be an exact number is if the show gets cancelled or the manga ends which means the anime will end. I don't see that happening for a long time though.
DragonsRevenge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:21 pm Reply with quote
It's most certainly NOT one of the longest running anime. Not even close.
Rozzer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Even though I think it's amazing that One Piece happens to have 308 episodes, what I think is even more amazing is that it only has 46 filler episodes by my count. I compiled a list of both the Filler Arcs as well as some some of filler episodes that appeared during a regular Manga Arc's.

Loguetown Arc
    Episodes: 50-51

Warship Island Arc (Filer)
    Episodes: 54-61

Alabasta Arc
    Episodes: 98-99 / 101-102

Post-Alabasta Arc (Filler)
    Episodes: 131-135

Goat Island Arc (Filler)
    Episodes: 136-138

Rainbow Mist Arc (Filler)
    Episodes: 139-143

G8 Arc (Filler)
    Episodes: 196-206

Davy Back Fight Arc
    Episodes: 213-216

Ocean's Dream Arc (Filler)
    Episodes: 220-226

Enies Lobby Arc
    Episodes: 279-283

Now I do hope that this list is about as correct as it can possibly be, but if I screwed it up please let me know so I can make the proper adjustments.
vtien01

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:46 pm Reply with quote
thanks everyone =)
Ohoni

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:58 pm Reply with quote
One Piece is still excelent. Out of 300+ episodes, there are bout 20-30 annoying filler episodes, but it definitely never rambled around like Inu Yasha, or had massive two-year filler blocks like Naruto, so that's not bad.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1