• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Kashimashi ~Boy Meets Dragon~

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HellKorn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Carlo Santos wrote:
Wow ... this volume reminded me of why I ignore the NCAA Basketball tournament until about the Final Four. This installment slogs through the middle rounds of the high school tourney, meaning lots of ho-hum matchups with teams and players nobody cares about.

It's a major reason why I'll never really give much of a hoot about college basketball. Sixty-five teams is just way too damn much, and there's too much greed to get in ratings and money. Sixteen is just, yanno, too sensible for them. I'd settle for thirty-two, I guess.

shamelessfanboy wrote:
Kagemusha wrote:
That girl IS pretty cute (wait how old is she?)

Like 13, dude. Don't feel too guilty though, I had the same damn reaction.

When has that ever stopped a male before? [/Should be hanged by his thumbs.]

And Carlo, I'd say you're completely awesome for mentioning Sexy Voice and Robo alone as one of the greatest manga ever, but the rest of your column does nothing for us elitists who like to see the obscure shit that rarely comes out over here praised. Snobs have feelings, too. Razz

Maybe next week with one (Or two!) of the greatest horror manga available stateside, The Drifting Classroom and Dragon Head?
Jamee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:53 pm Reply with quote
I thought that review was a little hard on Wallflower. I like the art myself. The "lack" of backgrounds works fine in my opinion. Also, everyone always says that the 4 boys are hard to tell apart, but in my opinion only Kyohei and Ranmaru are hard to tell apart, and only sometimes.

The manga-ka really was depressing though. I hope she's doing better now.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:03 am Reply with quote
Part of me really wants to check out the Avril Lavigne manga, because the story sounds really interesting in and of itself...but I'm afraid the blatant marketting ploy would turn me off. I might still check it out to see.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2