• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Shakugan no Shana GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Just to clarify, this one isn't out yet; it's due on 4/17, supposedly the same time as the novel on which it is based.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
undeadben

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:15 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the insight! I have been wanting to know more about the Shana franchise and was torn between buying the manga, the novel, or both and from what I can see here I'll be alright if I skip the manga. It sure sounds a bit flat compared to the series, and it doesn't sound like it adds any to the depth of the story which is what interests me and I hope it actually is found in the novel.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:46 pm Reply with quote
I had pre-ordered the manga, but I think I'm going to cancel it. I'm getting the anime and the novels, and I see little reason to get the manga in light of this review.. I really shouldn't be starting new manga series right now anyway.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:42 pm Reply with quote
The "moe" cover along with the tagline, "There's nothing hotter than..." in this month's Jump is a little creepy... Confused
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:10 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
The "moe" cover along with the tagline, "There's nothing hotter than..." in this month's Jump is a little creepy... Confused

Well, OMG Shana is HOT! is something of a running joke.
strife66

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:58 am Reply with quote
Got hold of a copy recently. I certainly enjoyed it in spite of the bad review. The artwork is good. Shana sure is cute whenever munching on melon pan be it on anime or manga. Nice facial expressions as well. I just don't like the cold aura surrounding it as they've cut some rather emotional scenes of compassion compared from the anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1