• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: PoPoLoCrois Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:11 am Reply with quote
Acording to Magic Box the game being released in the winter is the fourth in a series, not the first with the title being Popolocrois IV: Tsuki no Okite no Bouken. The news item both calls it the first in the series and is missing the "IV" in the title.

Here's Magic Box's piece on the game:

Sony announced they are working on a new Popolocrois RPG for PlayStation 2, called Popolocrois IV: Tsuki no Okite no Bouken. The game will feature toon shaded graphics like in the previous games, and it is 70% completed, and it will be coming out in Japan this winter.

But things are really confused by Gamespot calling it the fifth game in the series even though they don't acknowledge a fourth game. However www.gamefaqs.com actually lists six titles so now I'm even more confused.

Suffice to say, what I'm getting at is that Popolocrois: Tsuki no Okite no Bouken isn't the "first installement". Anime smile + sweatdrop

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
charite

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:28 am Reply with quote
The popolocrois anime seems to a rerun of the older series. On the home website for the series, they even advertise for the complete series on DVD and the ANN encyclopedia has an older entry for the series.
BluWacky

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:58 am Reply with quote
The Popolocrois games are:

Popolocrois
Poporogue
Popolocrois 2
Popolocrois - Hajimari no Bouken (Popolocrois - The Beginning Adventure)

I don't think the new series is a rerun - the original series was explicitly called "Popolocrois Monogatari", but the new series is just called "Popolocrois" on the TV Tokyo website (although Sony's webpage hasn't updated with details on it, and there's no dedicated site for it yet at TV Tokyo). According to http://www.anime-daisuki.net, it's an animated version of Hajimari no Bouken, which is the story of the son of Pietro and Narcia from the previous two games (Poporogue is a side story, and doesn't affect the Popolocrois timeline I believe).
mikazuki-linlin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:18 am Reply with quote
Why did the game series never come out in America? I really liked it and thought it might have done well... it`s kind of sad, really.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1