• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Allison & Lillia Generation 2 Sub.DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeMaine

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:14 am Reply with quote
For people considering this title: I think this review is right on. I enjoyed Part 1 and, although Part 2 might not have been quite as good, enjoyed Part 2 also. This review is, for me, more accurate than the August 15 Shelf Life review.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:12 am Reply with quote
Seems to be no mention of the issues with Allison and Will's relationship. I would count it as a significant enjoyment factor issue, especially if you watched the first season.
The American Average

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Wish it was dubbed Anime cry
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Another really well written review by Theron. I found myself looking forward to this show after really enjoying the first series. However after marathoning through it, I felt a little disappointed in the treatment of some of the characters, especially Lillia. It bugged me to no end that spoiler[everyone around Lillia knew who Treize was and who her father was, and neither secret was ever given up. It felt really insulting to Lillia after awhile that no one ever gave enough trust or credit to tell her the truth.] But even with that the show was still fun enough. Like Theron mentioned, it was really interesting to see the generational advancement of the story. I'd recommend it to anyone who liked the first show.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:52 pm Reply with quote
By this point, it's completely obvious to me that the reviewer who most accurately matches my feelings on shows is Theron. I'm sure there are titles on which we'd differ on, but nearly every review of his that I've read I find myself agreeing with the majority of what he brings up. This is no different. I found Allison & Lillia to be more enjoyable than what Erin appeared to in Shelf Life, but it's not without it's faults. A B is a fair rating.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1