• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sisters of Wellber.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:48 am Reply with quote
Sisters of Wellber

As always spoilers for the first episode.

Opening theme, I'm a sucker for basically any sort of piano piece. But what I really like about this particular piece is how the slow beat moves into the vocals. A very nice opening theme, I might listen to it a few more times.

Well is that thing a fairy or what? But then again are fairies suppose to have wings? So when the Heroine pulls her tri-barrel gun I couldn't help but think of Vash.

So what the hell is this show? Weird ass fairies and I am not quite sure why people are being stabbed. And by the way I wasn't the only person to think that the head guard (Guy with blond hair) looked awfully like Cloud from FFVII.

Damn so we're getting Noir with swords.....oh well. Alright so Cloud equals BA seeings as how he's actually got a gunblade. Unlike FFVIII where you have Squall using a blade that looks like a giant revolver. Ok so what with the crazy looking tanks that talk, and I am confused are cars/tanks available yet everyone rides horses......and is still using swords as their main weapon.

Ending Theme: With the animation as first showing stars I thought that perhaps I was going to light speed. As for te actual song it's alright sounds like the main theme hop up on Steroids....Aka Techno beat instead of piano and vocals more up tempo.

Verdict: The foremen has ruled that this show is quite weird but it does have some potential. I think that with Cloud tracking the Sisters down that manhunt (Women hunt actually) angle could be interesting but it could become stale early. More then anything with this current season being so packed full of awesome shows (And Skullman not having even aired yet) I have a feeling this show might be on the shelf for a while.
zrdb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Having just seen the 1st episode I'd have to say at this time the show looks interesting-but I have that "been here, done that" feeling. I'll just do what do with every other show, give it a couple more episodes and see what happens.
Rainulf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:41 pm Reply with quote
I've seen the first episode and it was pretty good. And the first thing that came my mind when i watched it is that it has an excellent animation. Though i didn't like the story very much, but they showed a pretty good first impression on me.
Eruanna

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:23 am Reply with quote
The entire thing comes across as a "lol lesbians" kind of show to me. >_>
I dunno, it just looks like its all an excuse to throw two hot girls together, and let them be naked togeth from time to time.

As far as the plot, it looks pretty generic. But I like the character designs, and that talking tank was freaking hilarious, if not a little... well, bizar. :/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1